Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
shocking boat

Can anyone share some info when the game commision will be shocking and what days around the broolneal area. thanks

Re: shocking boat

John, they are shocking on Monday's and Tuesday's.

THANKS FOR THE INFO, GONNA TRY TO BEAT THE SHOCKING BOAT EARLY MONDAY MORNING. I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES.

well we went to brookneal on monday. the shocking boat did not catch up with us until noon but they were very nice about not bothering the people fishing down stream. only caught two stripers, one buck and one 25 inches long. the boats shocking seemed to be only shocking up the bucks, every once in a while they would put one in the tank. are we to early or too late?

I know you have heard this before "you shoulda been there Saturday" I was fishing Watkins and got skunked but everybody I've talked to that went to Brookneal Sat. slayed them!

fished at clarkton bridge today-wednesday- the water was real low and the fish were slow to none. caught one buck today and that was it. saw a few start to roll below clarkton bridge around 6 pm but the storm was trying to run us out the river.talked to some other fishermen who fished from brookneal down to clarkton and they had no luck either.talked to one fisherman and he said he caught some late tuesday afternoon. strange fish!!

fished catrock and wading hole yesterday evening and didnt get bit! saw alot of shad in one hole but nothing with them.

I talked to the people over at the hatchery today and they said it was plenty of fish in the river and would be for the next couple of weeks. they said they didnt know if they would run any water for the tournament or not. if the fish were there they sure fooled me. we are going to try the 360 bridge on friday, will let you know how it goes.

Friday evening caught caught 6, couple keepers but released all.

Thursday night caught 10, no keepers.

Wednesday night caught 6 from bank, no keepers.

All caught in Brookneal area.

Monsterbuk

Fished the river up at 360 bridge today. Plenty of water but no fish. Hung on to one pretty good size but lost it. Anybody got any info on how the tournament went over at brookneal this past weekend?

I rode over Sat. night and a 16 lb was in the lead. If I remember right it jumped down to the 13's and on down to the 10's at that point. I'm not sure how it finished but I would bet the 16 held on to 1 st.The big cat was 42 I think followed by a 37 if they weren't beat out Sunday before the close. Sorry I couldn't be more precise. Thanks Joe for providing the tank, those guy's were working hard to do as you requested to be sure those cats were kept healthy!

14.7 Page Wilson
13.1 Sam Terry
13.0 Rick Terry
12.8 Jim Moorefield
11.45 Robin Wilson

I fished today at brookneal,caught seven, three were keepers but released them. There was not alot of water but had a great time catching stripers.

Has anybody been over to brookneal this weekend? How is the water color after that rain friday night. I had two inches in the guage.

Brother just called leaving Brookneal. He caught 6 Friday night and 11 today, mostly smaller but who cares, all released! If you are going you better be able to run VERY skinny water. The water color looked great but there wasn't much of it.

THANKS FOR THE INFO. I AM GONNA TRY THEM TOMMOROW AND HOPE THEY RUN SOME WATER FOR THE SHOCKING BOAT. WE DID PRETTY GOOD AT STAYING IN FRONT OF THEM LAST WEEK.

is that something they do all the time? Are they collecting fish for research, or using the eggs for a restocking program? Went to Ivy Hill last night on a whim, totally skunked and rode from #8 to #12 in the middle of the night just for the scenery. Stopped to listen every 100 yards or so and fished around every point north and south and back into a few of the creeks. Lots of shad breaking here and there, but nothing messing with them. It got pretty chilly out there after 11, I can feel a sore throat coming on.

Re: Re: shocking boat

Ray - they shock and collect the fish, spawn them in tanks, and raise the hatchlings in ponds until they are fingerlings, then I assume they release them in various lakes all over the country. Hopefully more so here in Virginia than other states.

I dont know if there is a web site or something that shows where the fish go. It sure would be nice to know though.

Monsterbuk

Ray - they shock and collect the fish, spawn them in tanks, and raise the hatchlings tanks and ponds until they are fingerlings, then I assume they release them in various lakes all over the country. Hopefully more so here in Virginia than other states.

I dont know if there is a web site or something that shows where the fish go. It sure would be nice to know though.

Monsterbuk