Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clearing Up, Crappie & Bass

We went to Clarksville yesterday and the water had really cleared up! Rusty at BIBT said it was muddy Wed and in 3 days it changed. The water is still high 305 + - and still some trash floating but much better water clairity and warming up.
The Crappie were in the brush and shallow, I mean in the brush so 6 pound line ain't gonna work! I did better with a lt.green jig tipped with a minnow than just a minnow. The bite was better with a moving bait also. Several nice sized crappie are going to meet to Crisco today!
Bass were back way back in the brush knocking the heck out of the shad and other fish, Lorrie caught a nice one and talk about 2 stepping around the boat Crappie outfit and a nice big Bass! Next week when they start pulling the water down the Bass fishing is going to be great!! Those Bass will move to the outer edge of the brush waiting on the baitfish to move out as the water falls. So be ready to get into BIG Bass fishing the outer edge of the brush esp if there is a little creek/stream to funnel the baitfish into. Hope this helps. Ol by the way I bought one of those underwater cameras so if you want to rent it and me to see your area let me know. $50.00 for 5 hours. >>>>> johnrsleboda@hotmail.com <<<<<