Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Crappie report

Been fishing since thursday with so so luck. Started off thursday fishing the bushes with no luck. Finally the store got minnows and we hit it again. Trolled for hours in water between 7 and 11 ft. Lots of cats, a few keeper crappie and a 30" striper on a 13 ft rod with one of those little slater crappie reels (basically a fly reel). After a 30 minute fight the fish draggged me 400 yards it came to the boat. Friday morning trolled again with 5 keeper crappie. Not many small ones. Fri afternoon we hit the bushes on the back of the creeks. 2 keepers, 3 went back. Fri evening hit another creek. wife caught a 1lb 11oz and we had 6 keepers together. Sat morning, in the same tree in the same exact spot, wife catches a 1lb 12oz. I caught a 1lb 5oz. 8 keepers in the morning. All in the backs of the creeks. Sat afternoon, I got a 1lb 6oz out deep. Nothing in the bushes. Tonight, a few small dinks in the bushes and some dinks out deep. Any suggestions of where to look now. The water came up about 8" today. Do you think that has messed with them? 1 more morning left. Any suggestions would help. Thank you in advance.