Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bass Fishing and Mr. Salagovich

Sal, thanks so much for pointing out my ingnorance of the computer sciences and I have to agree that some of your points are based in facts.

Your concerns about the lack of response to many of the posts here being ignored are well founded. The problem, as I see it, is due to the fact that a large percentage of the posts are very repetitive. Lure, color, water temp, why, when and where are asked many, many times. The answers to these and similar questions can be found many times throughout the back pages of the message board. I guess it's just a question of people figuring that others can go back on the message board to find the right answer. I don't think it is because people here want to be rude.

My experience with Buggs Island fishing has no great secrets. Texas Rig worms, Carolina Rigged plastics, jigs and assorted crankbaits. I use a deep running crankbait year round and use my rod to control depth. In my years of fishing at Buggs, my colors of choice are pumpkinseed/chartruse, june bug, grape and red shad in plastics and chrome/black Rat'l Traps, blue/chartruse Poe's and whatever they are hitting. Other fishermen on this board have their own confidence lures and colors and probably wonder why I throw that junk! I fish community holes that everyone knows about and I have a couple that I only "think" others don't know about.

One think that has bothered me is the fact that you jumped right in on the people that post here by knocking their heritage, education and grammar. You know, it's very seldom that you get a chance to make a "second" first impression with anyone. Sometimes the printed word has a much harsher tone than the spoken word.

Having been born and raised in the South, I acknowledge that it is quite a challenge for some of us to accept people that approach us with an attitude. Perhaps if you would soften that a bit, you would feel more welcome. The fish are BITING!!