Return to Website

DHARMA2GRACE DISCUSSION FORUM

Please place your comments and questions here! Courtesy is expected. 

Forum: Questions
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Don't all religions have the same purpose?

Does it matter what religion you follow as long as you are trying to better yourself?

Re: Don't all religions have the same purpose?

Religions can make ourselves better. But each religion has different purpose. Is it right?

My point is that the point of every religion seems to be to improve ourselves and to help others. So from that standpoint, does it matter whether you follow Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, or whatever.

Do you think the standpoint of Christianity is just to improve ourselves and help others only?

Christians can't make themselves better. Christians expect the god to do that. They are lazy and some don't do any good things. I know some Christians who say they believe in the god and don't go to church. They do some good things sometimes but they do many bad things. I know a Christian who goes to church and tries to do the good things, but he says the good things don't make him a Christian, only the god does. That doesn't make sense. I don't think Christianity is like the other religions.

Your observation and deduction are very logical. Yes, Christianity is unique. Christians always think of themselves sinners and they can only be saved by believing Jesus Christ.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Free Web Tools