Return to Website

DHARMA2GRACE DISCUSSION FORUM

Please place your comments and questions here! Courtesy is expected. 

Comments
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Buddhism

Dear sir,
Thank you, for giving this opportunity to say something about Buddhism.
1]Belief in the supernatural is NOT Dhamma [ Buddha has given the name for his path ],
2]belief in God is NOT Dhamma.
3]Dhamma based on union with Brahma [ Name for God] is False Dhamma.
4]Belief in soul is not Dhamma.
5]Belief in sacrifices is not Dhamma.
6]Reading books of Dhamma is not Dhamma.
7]Belief in the infallibility of books of Dhamma is not Dhamma
Then question arises What really is Dhamma
1]To cleanse the mind of its impurities.
2]To make the world a kingdom of righteousness.
3]Dhamma must promote pradnya [ Wisdom ]
4]Dhamma must promote Maitri
A] Dhamma is Saddhamma only when it teaches that mere wisdom is not enough. It must be accompanied by sila [ Moral orders ]
B] Dhamma is Sadhhamma only when it teaches that besides wisdomand morality[ sila ]what is necessary is Karuna [ Compassion ]
c] Dhamma is saddhamma only when it teaches that more than Karuna what is necessary is Maitri [ unattached pure, unconditional love ]
5]Dhamma to be Sadhamma must down barriers between man and man.
6]Dhamma to beSaddhamma must teach that worth and not the birth is the measure of man.
7]Dhamma to be Saddhamma must promote equality between man and man.

The purpose of the religion is to explain the origin of the world. The purpose of the Dhamma is reconstruct the world .
The content of religion consists of God , Soul,Prayers, Worship, Rituals,
Sacrifices.Morality comes only wherein man comes in relation to man. Every religion preaches morality, but morality is not the root of religion. It is a wagon attached to it. It is attached and detached as the occasion requires.
But let us see, what is the place of morality in Ddhamma. The simple answer is morality is Ddhamma , and Dhamma is morality.
Jesus has taught nothing but Buddhism. The Christianity is nothing but the shadow of Buddhism...........

Re: Buddhism

Your comments on Buddhism are interesting. I like your suggestions that we are to be compassionate and to have maitri. Oh, that the world was filled with more of this.
I am sure many Buddhists would agree with you on your summary of Buddhism being the things you listed.

Your last line that "Jesus teaches nothing but Buddhism" struck me and I couldn't help but wonder what drew you to make this conclusion? It would certainly be good for you to read the teachings of Jesus and note where you conclude that he is teaching Buddhism. I would be interested to have you lay this out so I could follow what you mean. I understand you may see some similar things in the teachings of Jesus (love, do unto your neighbor as you would have them to unto you, etc.), but I was surprised that you would say that Jesus teaches "nothing but Buddhism." You might want to read the article I wrote: "Buddha and Jesus: Different Guises--Same Message?" which discusses the questions of "Jesus is the same as..." type conclusions. I would be very interested after reading this in your conclusions.

Thanks so much for posting your ideas on this site.

Stewart Redi