Return to Website

50 Missile Club RA MessageBoard

Welcome to the 50 Missile Club message Messageboard.

50 Missile Club RA MessageBoard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Larkhill Reunion

Well Said Gusty, I was totally embarrassed by the whole affair, I had invited a guest who was looking forward to a good night out, she was back home by 10:30, speaks volumes I think, as a result I have come to the sad conclusion that the committee are inept. I for one will not attend another reunion of 50 Missile club RA, I think Frank hit the nail on the head, we can always make other arrangements and I think I will.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Larkhill Reunion

Taff although i was unable to attend larkhill reunion becuase of my personnal circumstance's i got the impression it was a bit of a late affair i dont believe theres a requirement for a "yearly" reunion and resources should be used to maintain a better standard of reunion by having it two yearly. 50,s reunions are usually large affairs well organised with up to 600 plus attending, Tony Todd as been the man who usually does the bulk of the organising the ticket sales and money collection's he is not getting any younger and as been having health problems i know tony as asked in the past for someone to take over the reins and ease his burdon. maybe its time for someone to come forward and take over after the 2009 reunion, we all owe tony a lot for all the hard work he's done over the years, 50 missle regt as a lot of younger people attending the reunions than many other regiments as it really only disbanded 15 years ago so come on some recently retired senior NCO step up and bite the bullet. It takes a brave man to face the task and all i can say is well done Tony Todd for all his hard work.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Larkhill Reunion

I agree with Frank and think he came up with sensible and valid points.I think if members do have complaints or issues with the way reunions are organised then perhaps an email to a committee member detailing their concerns would be more appropriate than an airing on an open forum. At the end of the day we are a club and our common interest is the long term continuance of the club. Having never taken up the mantle of organising a reunion I am grateful for the guys that have the time and take the time and energies to organise the annual get togethers. As Frank said there will be a time when all of us, if in the position to, will have to think about getting involved. So once again to Tony and the team thanks. but for f=#ks sake next time its in a WO's and sergeants mess I will wear barrack dress and carry a tray so I feel 100% at home.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Larkhill Reunion

nice one coops

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Larkhill Reunion

To a large extent I agree with both of you, the fact remains the function was a farce, in the last few months Tony has not been a well man so I can sympathise with the fact he has not been around to get things going, but he not the only person on the committe, so to say it was a simple mistake does not wash, if all you want from a reunion is to meet up with old mates and have a few cheep beers thats fine, as gusty pointed out a better time was had on the Friday night. In the past sugestions and complaints have been put to the commitee only to be dismissed out of had with out a vote.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Larkhill Reunion

Sounds a bit like this bag of ****e government. I dont know what to suggest mate perhaps someone from the committee who reads this forum could email Taff and Stormy and get things squared away, it might be a good thing if more people give feedback either negative or positive about reunions and club issues thus leading to a good day out for everyone.
Gotta go just farted and touched cloth

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Larkhill Reunion

Coops,

Yet again another good suggestion, why didn't you have them in when you were in? Or was it no one would listen. That sound familiar?

The reunion was at best a cheap option but when you consider the travelling costs and B&B costs not too mention the shopping to keep the missus from being bored then it all adds up. The location needs to be looked at so it is an easy commute and things to occupy in the day, as was mentioned in an earlier email, some of the members are still fairly young which means bringing kids etc and not too mention are working.

The commitee will never meet all the needs of its members but to quote a good old BT phrase "its good to talk"

Hopefully Lincoln will be a start to improvements, which judging by comments won't be too hard.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Larkhill Reunion

ok i better get organising i will be looking at free entry to lincoln castle, the cathedral and museum of lincs life, plus maybe a inter bty cricket match with bbq on the saturday plus a band on the saturday night, a minimal raffle with 3 big prizes plus maybe a seperate gambling area with roulette and blackjack,i am just thinking out loud at the moment but the aim is to make it one of the best attended so some sort of networking list?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Larkhill Reunion

Ian,

Sounds good already.

Ginge

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Larkhill Reunion

VIVA LA REVOLUTION what have we started coops? lol

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Larkhill Reunion

Just food for thought Frank anything more and it would be the firing squad

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Larkhill Reunion

we going for arecord reply line coops?? what goes around lol