Hodaka Forum

Welcome to the Hodaka Forum.
Our mission is to provide a forum for questions, suggestions, tips, and discussions related to Hodaka motorcycles.

Like true "Hodaddies", please be responsible, friendly and helpful and keep content "G"-rated, as it will be available to children and child-like adults....

Happy trails to you ....
Steve Streeper
IdahoSteve
Arco, Idaho
PS - I'm a motorcycle NOVICE, but will be happy to help answer questions if possible. I'm relying on YOU guys to provide the expertise!

Forum:

Hodaka Forum

Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
ace 100

I have a bonanza mini bike with a hodaka ace 100 motor. What is the proper oil to gas ratio and what type oil is used & what fluid goes in the transmission?

Email  
Re: ace 100

Use any reputable brand of oil designed for pre-mix use and follow the oil manfacturers mix ratio recommendation. I'm partial to Yamalube (pre-mix) oil @ 40:1. It is readily available and economical. Use premium grade fuel.

The factory original recommendation for clutch/transmission oil is NON-detergent 30 weight motor oil, 20 ounces (MUST be non-detergent). I'm partial to BelRay motorcycle gear oil - 70W (it is a different viscosity rating for gear oil than for motor oil). The BelRay product is designed for both the high pressures it experiences in the gear tooth meshing AND for the wet clutch.

Ed
(Keep the rubber side down!)

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com