Hodaka Forum

Welcome to the Hodaka Forum.
Our mission is to provide a forum for questions, suggestions, tips, and discussions related to Hodaka motorcycles.

Like true "Hodaddies", please be responsible, friendly and helpful and keep content "G"-rated, as it will be available to children and child-like adults....

Happy trails to you ....
Steve Streeper
IdahoSteve
Arco, Idaho
PS - I'm a motorcycle NOVICE, but will be happy to help answer questions if possible. I'm relying on YOU guys to provide the expertise!

Forum:

Hodaka Forum

Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
How many 175 Hodakas were made?

I picked up a motorcycle I bought on e-bay and when I went there the guy had some old bikes laying outside on the hill. They were in nasty shape and I hate buying bikes left laying outside in the snow and dirt for years. However what was laying there was a 175 hodaka so I bought it for $40. Both tires were froze up it was tough to get it in my truck but I did.
It was the ruffest looking bike I ever bought. When I got it home. I got the tires free so it would roll and took off the stator cover just to see what that looked like. Not to bad, then I put a wrench on the stator nut to see how froze up the engine was and to
my surprise.....It was not froze!
I have a good 250 ED and a SL bottom end. Are they the same as the 175? This one had the clutch cover off and water ran out of it when it was stood up. The tranny must be pretty bad. How many 175s were made?
The pipe, frame, gas tank are fine or repairable.
Bill .

Email  
Re: How many 175 Hodakas were made?

It seems like I have heard that 600 of the 175's were manufactured. It IS a pretty rare bike. Lots of engine items are the same as the 250's - but obviously not all.

I think it is definitely a good thing that you "saved" it!!!!

Ed
PS: You'll likely be able to find much more information . . . and other 175 Hodie builders over on the Yahoo Hodaka Owners Group and the Strictly Hodaka chat group strictlyhodaka dot com

Hi Bill
Sounds like you have a nice project. I have three 175's but yet to here one run. They were all similar acquisitions as yours.I have one which I hope will be completed for hodaka days.You might check to seel if all the castings on the case for the shifter cover are in tact? All three of mine were broken off from past chain damage. This can be successfully repaired and I have done quite a few.I have a couple 250 motors which are the same.The 250 CDI will adapt to the 175? Good luck with your project.

I want to talk to the guy with three 175s. I would be willing to trade some good parts for parts I need. I have stuff I would never sell but may swap if you have what I want.
I think the red plastic side covers on the 03 125s are the same as the 175s are they? My e-mail is
quinnsigns@sbcglobal.net
I have 2 100s, a 125 wombat, 2 thunderdogs one is mint and a sl 250 plus a few motors. & the 175.

Email  

I just purchased a SL 175 with 22 miles on it. Bike is in great shape! When I spoke with Paul Stannard he said he thinks 702 were made if I remember the conversation correctly.

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com