Hodaka Forum

Welcome to the Hodaka Forum.
Our mission is to provide a forum for questions, suggestions, tips, and discussions related to Hodaka motorcycles.

Like true "Hodaddies", please be responsible, friendly and helpful and keep content "G"-rated, as it will be available to children and child-like adults....

Happy trails to you ....
Steve Streeper
IdahoSteve
Arco, Idaho
PS - I'm a motorcycle NOVICE, but will be happy to help answer questions if possible. I'm relying on YOU guys to provide the expertise!

Forum:

Hodaka Forum

Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
SWING ARM BUSHINGS

IVE NEVER HEARD OF A SWING ARM BUSHING FAILURE BUT THE ONE ON THE CHAIN SIDE HAS SOME SLACK IN IT. THE BIKE HAS BEEN RACED THIS YEAR IN SOME OF THE NATIONAL CROSS COUNTRIES. I GREASED THE SWING ARM JUST BEFORE THE REUNION RIDE LAST FALL. AT MARION I NOTICED JUST A SLIGHT MOVEMENT AND IVE GOT SOME TIME TO FIX IT. ITS A 97 SUPER COMBAT. I HAVNT A CLUE ON HOW TO REPLACE THESE THINGS. IS IT A PRESSED FIT ? WHAT'S THE EASIEST WAY TO REMOVE THE OLD ONE'S, NO I DON'T HAVE A SHOP MANUAL ON THIS BIKE ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED. THANKS LEO

Email  
Re: SWING ARM BUSHINGS

On the Model 97 and 98 the bushings are inserted in either side of the swing arm. I don't remember them as being a press fit . . . but they do have to fit snugly, so they may have "become one" with the swing arm over the years. You will have to use a long drift to "reach through" the pivot bolt hole to tap the far side bushing out. After the first bushing is hammered out, the 2nd one is easy. Note that Model 97 and 98 swing arm bushing design is more precise than previous models with rubber/compliant bushings, but the trade off is that they do wear.

Ennnywayeeee, pull the swing arm pivot bolt and remove the swing arm and you can get at the bushings. The pivot bolt is immobilized in the frame, so there is nothing to replace there -- unless the bolt itself is worn severely in the bushing areas.

Ed
Keep the rubber side down!

Email  

HEY ED. THANKS FOR THE INFO, WHAT YOU SAID WAS PRETTY MUCH HOW IT LOOKED TO ME. I'VE GOT TO CALL PAUL FOR BUSHINGS, HOPE THERE AVAILABLE. DID YOU MAKE IT TO HODAKA DAYS THIS YEAR? ALSO ARE YOU PLANNING TO MAKE THE REUNION RIDE IN ARKANSAS IT WAS A HOOT LAST YEAR AND SHOULD BE SUPER, TWO DAYS OF FUN ON A HODAKA, IT JUST DOESNT GET MUCH BETTER THAN THAT. HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE. THANKS FOR THE HELP.........LEO

What? You haven't reviewed the photos posted to the net covering Hodaka Days 2007? tsk, tsk

Yes, the ISDT Reunion Ride 2007 has been on my schedule for a year . . . I'm planning on being there fer sherr!

Ed
Keep the rubber side down!

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com