Hodaka Forum

Welcome to the Hodaka Forum.
Our mission is to provide a forum for questions, suggestions, tips, and discussions related to Hodaka motorcycles.

Like true "Hodaddies", please be responsible, friendly and helpful and keep content "G"-rated, as it will be available to children and child-like adults....

Happy trails to you ....
Steve Streeper
IdahoSteve
Arco, Idaho
PS - I'm a motorcycle NOVICE, but will be happy to help answer questions if possible. I'm relying on YOU guys to provide the expertise!

Forum:

Hodaka Forum

Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Dirt Squirt Chrome Tank

I am in the processes or getting everything I need to restore my 73 Dirt Squirt which I have owned since I bought it new. The Chrome has some rust in and out as well as some small dents. Does anyone refurbish these tanks? Is there an alternative i.e. someone who makes tanks?

Email  
Re: Dirt Squirt Chrome Tank

Rick. These tanks are rare and pricy in good condition because they are identical to the one used on the popular Combat Wombat. Any chrome tank from a Hodaka will work. The less valuable and more common Ace tank is just a bit bigger, but fits fine. I believe an early model 99 Road Toad green tank will fit, and they can be found for $25.00 on ebay and painted any color you want. The last one I had replated cost me $300.00.

Brian, thanks for the info. I have three chrome tanks, each with some minor dents and a bit of rust pitting. What I am really looking for is a way to restore one or all to new condition. Does anyone recondition tanks (i.e. take out dents and re-chrome)? There must be someone out there with this type of capability. I have seached the web but have not yet found one.

Email  

Contact Gregg or Diane of California Hodaka

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com