Return to Website

WaterCooledTrading.com

Windsurfing and Kiteboarding. If you have a question or have something to say, go for it.

WaterCooledTrading.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wigger Camping Conditions

So here's the first-hand report on the camping conditions at Wigger. They're great!!! SOOO much better than I had expected. That buffalo grass is amazing!!! More green grass than brown spots. And NO nasty smells of any kind. There were certainly a few soft spots, but surprisingly, no mud. It had dried off enough from the rains on Thurs (?) that it was okay. We went off the road to our usual spot under the trees at the beginning of the campground and didn't leave behind any ruts. There were some trees that were down around the outhouses and one that went across the road/path that turns toward the lake at the beginning of the campground, but otherwise everything's in great shape.

Admittedly, we didn't stick around for the storms that came in last night (Sunday night), so I can't say how it would be today. What can I say... I got to sail all Sunday morning and early afternoon, the forecast was for 2 or more inches of rain with strong storms and no wind for Monday. Hmmm, let's see... no campfire, no wind and a good possibility of spending the night rocking in the RV..... The few of us that were there all bailed.

Anyway, as long as we don't get buckets of rain right before we want to camp, we should be just fine out there. Since we've crossed over into July, we shouldn't have too much trouble with that anymore. Famous last words....

Ericka