Return to Website

WaterCooledTrading.com

Windsurfing and Kiteboarding. If you have a question or have something to say, go for it.

WaterCooledTrading.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wigger Camping is On!!

I spoke with the Corps again and we're on for camping this weekend at Wigger. The lake level is 977.24. I've kept track of some lake levels from past floods and have some info related to the three cypress trees in a row that are in the middle of the campground. Judging from this level, I think the water will be below all three of those cypress trees. We've camped there lots of times with the water up that high and had plenty of room for people to spread out.

As for how muddy or dusty the area will be.... your guess is as good as mine. The person I was talking to told me that it might have been raining at the north end of the lake, but it hadn't been raining there at their office. So, it might not be too bad out there. With the heat and dry spell we've been having, I'm betting it will dry out pretty quickly. Besides, it's gotta be better than camping out with all the partiers and drunks that will be out in force in all the other campgrounds.

As for the wind, have you guys seen the NOAA forecast for Sunday??? They're already calling for BREEZY. They hardly ever put out any kind of wind forecast for 3 days ahead. And AccuWeather (the always optimistic wind people) are calling for SSE 18-40 on Sun and E 15-29 on Mon.

If the forecast holds, we'll see you out at the lake!!