Return to Website

WaterCooledTrading.com

Windsurfing and Kiteboarding. If you have a question or have something to say, go for it.

WaterCooledTrading.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: wilsonwindjam ROLL-CALL!

OK...who's going and when?

Let's hear from ya....

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

O.J.&friends Just thought I'd better remind everyone to come to wilson for the windjam. It looks like the weather might be warming up a little this week and with warmer weather comes warm winds. The lake is in perfect condition,very clear and the hills are very green from all the wonderful rain we've had this spring. If you all are like me the cool weather,lightwinds and WORK! I've not gotten to do much sailing this spring. So I'll be PIGGINIT again this summer so be sure and come to the windjam for a few laugh's too. I wish I'd had more time to organize this year's windjam but I'm sure that if you come and bring your ideas that next years windjam will only be bigger & better. I do wish that I'd been able to contact more people in colorado. I sent an e.mail to Karen at larsons sports in may but see never saw it. I called her last week and she said she'd try and get some people to come,so if anyone knows of someone to contact please do so. We need the colorado group to be at the windjam! I checked the corps. reservation site last week and there are still plenty of places to camp,so I don't think anyone will have to worry about space. I think the Midland hotel in wilson should be open too. They've had some delay's getting it furnished but I think the reconstruction is finished, it should be very nice. If anyone needs more information check out the web site www.wilsonwindjam.com I hope to see you there! Terry

Re: Re: wilsonwindjam ROLL-CALL!

Nope I've got to save my money for Germany, but if the wind is with us I'll end up out at Pamona.

Replying to:

Let's hear from ya....

Replying to:

O.J.&friends Just thought I'd better remind everyone to come to wilson for the windjam. It looks like the weather might be warming up a little this week and with warmer weather comes warm winds. The lake is in perfect condition,very clear and the hills are very green from all the wonderful rain we've had this spring. If you all are like me the cool weather,lightwinds and WORK! I've not gotten to do much sailing this spring. So I'll be PIGGINIT again this summer so be sure and come to the windjam for a few laugh's too. I wish I'd had more time to organize this year's windjam but I'm sure that if you come and bring your ideas that next years windjam will only be bigger & better. I do wish that I'd been able to contact more people in colorado. I sent an e.mail to Karen at larsons sports in may but see never saw it. I called her last week and she said she'd try and get some people to come,so if anyone knows of someone to contact please do so. We need the colorado group to be at the windjam! I checked the corps. reservation site last week and there are still plenty of places to camp,so I don't think anyone will have to worry about space. I think the Midland hotel in wilson should be open too. They've had some delay's getting it furnished but I think the reconstruction is finished, it should be very nice. If anyone needs more information check out the web site www.wilsonwindjam.com I hope to see you there! Terry

Re: Re: Re: wilsonwindjam ROLL-CALL!

I am up for driving out to Wilson Lake this weekend!!!

I am going to hopefully load up Thursday night so I can leave for Wilson Lake from Shawnee, KS at 5:01 PM when I get off work Friday. I can stay through sometime Sunday.

Anyone want to share a campsite? I am tent camping as usual.

E-mail me at apiksu@yahoo.com before Friday @ 4 PM!!!!!

Replying to:

Nope I've got to save my money for Germany, but if the wind is with us I'll end up out at Pamona.

Replying to:

Let's hear from ya....

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: wilsonwindjam ROLL-CALL!

I am planning on sailing at Marion reservoir this weekend. I will be at Wilson next weekend the 28th and 29th. We have gotten a room at the bed and breakfast in Wilson listed on the windjam web page. I hope the wind is up at both Wilson and Marion this weekend, we are overdue. Hope to see everyone at Wilson next weekend.

David Peck

Replying to:

Replying to:

Let's hear from ya....

Replying to:

ALGAE ALERT AT MARION!

David,

Have you heard of the algae alert at Marion? I know Cole is heading out that way as well.

Replying to:

I am planning on sailing at Marion reservoir this weekend. I will be at Wilson next weekend the 28th and 29th. We have gotten a room at the bed and breakfast in Wilson listed on the windjam web page. I hope the wind is up at both Wilson and Marion this weekend, we are overdue. Hope to see everyone at Wilson next weekend.

David Peck

Replying to:

Replying to:

Let's hear from ya....

Replying to:

Re: ALGAE ALERT AT MARION!

Joe, I did hear about the algae alert at Marion, but it was not a problem at all. The winds came and stirred up the lake and the corps lifted the alert. What a great weekend of sailing Cole and I had. Saturday was a good 7.5 day. Yesterday(Sunday) had strong side shore winds. It was a great 5.5 m day. The conditions were perfect. Our only problem was running over the carp that were surfacing. As you know the swells set up really great at Marion and the camping is the best in Kansas. I hope we can have as much fun at Wilson this weekend. Hope to see you there.

Dave Peck

Replying to:

David,

Have you heard of the algae alert at Marion? I know Cole is heading out that way as well.

Replying to:

David Peck

Replying to:

Replying to:

Let's hear from ya....

Replying to: