Return to Website

WaterCooledTrading.com

Windsurfing and Kiteboarding. If you have a question or have something to say, go for it.

WaterCooledTrading.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
4/30/03 - Melvern was Great!

Took the afternoon off this past Wednesday, and headed to Melvern for some promised 15-25mph. It didn't disappoint! My wind gage was showing steady 23mph with gusts to 30mph. Rigged the smallest thing I had (5.9 NP Supernova) on my Veloce' 278 (101 liters), and got BLASTED!

"Survival" sailed for a few hours, then took a much needed break. Around 6:00pm, rigged a 7.2 NP Diablo, as the wind was coming down and finally was able to get my new AHD FreeDiamond 87 wet! LOVED IT!!! Still can't believe how well it handled the chop that was left. Sailed until 7:15pm and the storm clouds were moving in.

Of note: With all the rain we've been having lately, the lake level is perfect...rig your stuff and walk a few feet off the bank and your wet. I can't estimate the water temp, but let me say that I was very comfortable in my short sleeved 3/2 wetsuit. Dad was wearing a shorty and said he was comfortable as well, but I think he's numb from the neck down anyway!

This weekend is promising some 15-25mph for both Sat and Sun...hope to see you out there!

Joe B.