Return to Website

WaterCooledTrading.com

Windsurfing and Kiteboarding. If you have a question or have something to say, go for it.

WaterCooledTrading.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Surfing after six years layoff...suggestions?

Thanks for the information. Where is your shop located?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hey Vince, check out sailing spots on our web site. http://www.watercooledtrading.bigstep.com/generic.html?pid=6

This is some good info on where to sail locally. If you want give me a call at our store, we would be glad to help you figure out what you might need in the gear department. (866) 847-8395 cell 8397

OJ

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hey guys and gals!

I live in the Kansas City area...I've had a six year layoff in Windsurfing. My wife and I are divorced now...so I'm wanting to get back in the sport.

What lakes in the area will be a great place to get back in the grove? I was at an intermediate level when I stopped the sport, just learning to waterstart. Will I have to start with the basics to see where I stand as far as skill level?

My equipment should be fine...probably I'll have to replace the uphaul...should I be concerned with the boom clamps being defective? Equipment advanced so much in six years, should I consider buying new booms?

Any suggestions about lakes in the area to tune my skills back up to where they were and equipment replacement, will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for responding so quickly.

V --