Return to Website

Windsurfing and Kiteboarding. If you have a question or have something to say, go for it.
Start a New Topic 
Wigger This Weekend

I just talked to the Corps about the Wigger area. As Mike R told us, the water is down at Wigger. That's the good news. The bad news is that there is NO grass and the Corps isn't sure about whether vehicles could go off the road without putting ruts in the ground. And while the Corps didn't mention mosquitoes, according to Mike the buzz is deafening.

The Corps has given us the option of either using Wigger this weekend or getting a refund. If we use it, we'd pretty much have to stay on the road -- they don't want ruts in the ground. I did tell them that there are day sailors that might come out and sail for the day but not camp.

So, it's up to everybody to decide what they want to do. What I'll say is that if anyone wants to go out and camp, great! Just let me know because I'll be talking to the Corps again on Monday to let them know whether we want the refund or not. If no one tells me that they camped, I'll ask for the refund.

Keep in mind that this is the last weekend we have Wigger reserved for a little while. I did not reserve the area the first 3 weeks in August and while I've now got the money to do that, I'm not sure it's something we want to do. Of course, this is only my opinion. If you guys have any feedback on that, let me know. I'll do what the group as a whole wants.

So, that's where we are. If anyone goes out, it would be helpful to post a note on the Yahoo group site.