Return to Website

WaterCooledTrading.com

Windsurfing and Kiteboarding. If you have a question or have something to say, go for it.

WaterCooledTrading.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wigger Cancelled this Weekend

Well, I finally got the official word about this coming weekend and it's cancelled. The area is under water and they're not able to let any water out right now, and are not sure when they'll start. So, it'll probably still be under water over the weekend.

FYI, we will be getting a refund for last weekend, as well as this coming weekend - whoopee again. What a year. I'm trying to remember how many weekends were cancelled in 1993 and I'm not sure it was this many.

I've heard a little bit of talk about going to Melvern at Sailboat Beach for the weekend. I'm not sure how many people might show up there. I heard that the required daily vehicle permit is $4/day or $24/yr and the camping fee for Sailboat Beach is $8.50/night. Don't hold me to that - I haven't been out there lately to verify.

What I would suggest is that if you decide to go out, to post it on the Yahoo group site so others can know what's going on with the group. Again, the web address is http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/kansaswindsurf/

I'll check back with the Corps next week to see how the area is for the weekend of the 13th and let everyone know if we can camp then.

Hope to see everybody soon.
Ericka