Return to Website

City of Oaks Pipe Band Forum

General discussion about piping, drumming, pipe bands, pipe music, about this Web site,
or about the City of Oaks Pipe Band.

Personal attacks or profanity will not be tolerated.

City of Oaks Pipe Band Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I Need some questions answered on bagpipes cause im a begining piper and im gettin rdy to buy pi

i dont know if youve got your answer for this question, but i figured i'd answer it for anyone else with the same question. i have been playing the pipes for about 6 years now, im grade three and i think ive figured out mainly what works and is good. deifinitly hide bags, preferably Gannoway hide bags. sure you have to season it every now and then, but i think it's a small price to pay for not having to deal with overly complicated water traps and playing what feels like a beach ball with baseball bats sticking out of it. so go for hide im behind them 100% and no one can say otherwise...

Re: I Need some questions answered on bagpipes cause im a begining piper and im gettin rdy to buy pi

Hey. first of all i would recomend a synthetic bag for a beginer as they are virtualy maitainence free. And I would get ez-drone reeds. Depending on how big you are and If you are still growing i would get a full size bag. The synthetic bag and ez-drone reeds should be reliable and easy to maintain in comparison to a hide bag and cane reeds.