Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum

Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pastor Sean Gapay -debates- Daniel Miles (round 3b)

Danny,
If the "bloody sacrificial ransom" is only a theory, please share with me the truth.

The law [and lie] was given by "Moses",
but grace and truth came by "Jesus Christ".

Explain what you mean by the law was given by Moses, when clearly he was a messenger of what God had written. As I noted in my previous email there has always been laws even in the garden of Eden. And there was grace in the garden, because Adam didn't earn the right to have dominion over the earth. It was given by grace.

Now as to God's will, especially His will of "decree", the concept of mercy, and God being mercy full, is paramount. The scripture is clear: "I will have mercy, and not sacrifice".
Correctly quoted from Hosea 6:6 as Jesus quoted in the Gospel of Matthew. He was rebuking them for not putting the proper priority on the laws moral standard and over emphasizing the ceremonial aspects of it. He was not establishing a decree that would grant mercy unconditionaly. Merciful again is only one of God's attributes and does not operate contrary to his other attributes.

In what you call "my supposition", I assure you I have not overlooked many scriptures which speak contrary. Rather I have become aware that not all scriptures(plural) are inspired of God, but rather all scripture(singular) is inspired of God. The scriptures(plural) are obviously written as scripture vs scripture, law vs grace, fear vs love, curse vs bless, often as a perverted mixture which makes an oxyMORON with a BAD ending, such as blessed + cursed.

How do you determine which scripture to overlook?

You speak of "the blood of Jesus", which is mentioned only once in all the Bible, in Heb 10, which also speaks of law being imperfect, unable to purge any of sin consciousness, being a "shadow" of things to come, NOT the very(true) things to come. HELLO. Read your Bible, all of it, not just the verses which flatter you and support your faulty theories.

True enough, the phrase, "the blood of Jesus" is used only once; however Jesus refered to His own blood a number of times. John 6:66, He says they must eat of His flesh and drink of His blood; at the last supper He refers to His blood in regards to the everlasting covenant which is shed for many, not for all. Sir, I too, am seeking the greatest truth, so please don't suggest in a condescending tone that I am trying to pick scriptures that flatter me. If I find the truth in what you propose nothing will stand in my way of embracing it.

You're still striving, and failing, to establish grace without taking away law. It's not only childish folly, but utter folly, to go against the immutable will of God; and by two immutable things: God cannot lie nor die (allegory: Grace cannot law).

I am not trying to "establish grace" the King of kings is well able to establish it without any of my input. Please explain how grace and law existed simultaneously in the garden of Eden.

Get your head out of your ass, put it on your shoulders and use it for thinking.
I expected a greater measure of respect from you sir. Please if we are to continue our interactions let's treat each other with the respect due to a son of the most high God. I have thought carefully of what you wrote and would like the same consideration from you. Over the years I have learned that when it comes to doctrine, I hold it loosly. But because I am teachable, and I love the Lord Jesus dearly I continue to refine much of what I find as doctrine.

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them (1Cor 5)
Actually, 2 Corinthians 5:19. That's ok we all make mistakes. The intrinsic merit of Jesus' reconcilling death is infinite and the offer unlimited; however the actual atonement was made only for those who believe.

I do understand that we differ in some aspects, I would like to find a point of agreement. Would you agree we are called as servants in the Kingdom?

You mentioned that many ministers are afraid to debate you publicly, I know of a number who aren't and I would be willing to facillitate this type of meeting. We have many of these types of debates here locally.

Most Graciously,
Sean

Re: Pastor Sean Gapay -debates- Daniel Miles (round 3c)

Then Pastor Sean said (to Danny):

You mentioned that many ministers are afraid to debate you publicly, I know of a number who aren't and I would be willing to facillitate this type of meeting. We have many of these types of debates here locally.

And Danny said (to Sean):

YES, YES, YES ... thank you God; for I have worn out a keyboard having endless email chats with people, and I have to type the same things over and over again each time.

Let us have a man to man debate on Godshew.org discussion board, which is fully open, unlimited, and uncensored, so all may see both sides now, and get understanding, both of any things you and yours bring forth (of course you also have a piece of the puzzle) and also whatever I bring forth (I will even draw your piece out of you if you don't freely share it), the only real objective of such being to learn, become aware, get understanding. I welcome such with all my heart, and agree not to be rude.

So the debate is on, and now on 'public' forum

Feel free to join in, pick a side, or just comment.
(only objective is "our learning", not a blame game)

Re: Pastor Sean Gapay -debates- Daniel Miles

Danny,
If you could please send me two or three intitial topics you would like to include in the proposed debate that would be helpful.
Also, I would like to agree upon some basic "rules" to base our debate upon. For me on my part, I expect both respect and honor and will extend such to you. I will not tolerate swearing of any kind and there should be no condescending tone. I am agreeing to explore the depths of your position openly and honestly so as to edify other believers. I hope these terms are agreeable and if you would have any terms I would like to hear them too.
Sean

Grace Mercy Peace,

Thank you Sean. I'm sorry I did not get back to you sooner, was busy re-loading my site on the web. A sponsor in USA crashed the site, and the discussion board, while attempting to download it all on disc, for "safe" keeping. Go figure.

No matter, I always look for the blessing, and found one, a dead link in the process, not to mention this particular discussion board was not attracting any discussion, so I put up a new Bravenet forum. It still has advertisements, but as soon as someone donates $20U$ they will all be gone. There are already several topics you may comment on:
http://pub30.bravenet.com/forum/2526810710

I will be posting a new topic every day, so you may pick any one, or several of such, to debate; or we could start a thread from bits and pieces of our email chats (leave out rudeness), and just carry on with Pastor Sean debates Daniel Miles. I think that 'title' would attract many people, as many seem to be attracted to such sporting activities of such champions. I will post such asap, see what comes of it.

I want to thank you again for agreeing to such, as the only goal I would have is "our learning", no blame game, no put downs; but perhaps some Pauline "sharpness" and wit, but only for "exhortation", which is up lifting, not putting down. For as I believe in the oneness and allness of God, us all, putting any brethren down is to put self down, since we are all one, all of one, so whatever applies to any applies to all.

Nevertheless there are some brethren, among us, who are deceived, ignorant, bewitched, and oppose themselves; Yet such is a recoverable spiritual illness, by study, awareness.

I have no rules of engagement, since I am all grace and no law at all. But please remember: grace is not wimmpy. So sharpen your biblical sword, for mine is sharper than any twoedged sword. And let us have healthy controversy.

Let us find points of agreement (as well as disagreement), not so much with each other, but with God. For I do not even suggest any agree with me as much as I suggest we all agree with God, the only true God, the only wise God, the only Potentate, the living God of the living, the God of all grace, that God, the one of twain who is: merciful, perfect.

TgooLJCwya. Amen.
Danny

Re: Pastor Sean Gapay -debates- Daniel Miles

Does anyone know whereabouts or email of pastor Sean Gapay? My cmpt crashed, lost his email. Last I heard from him, he was also having cmpt trouble. But it's his turn, so I'll just wait.

Mean while, if anyone would dare be his advocate, I'm up again and ready for healthy uncensored controversial debate, and on any subject, with individuals or gangs of groupies; with the only goal being to learn, get understanding, increase awareness; for it's my contention ignorance isn't the bliss many deceived by many ass u me it is:
http://www.godshew.org/ShewBread7.htm#Bliss

Danny in Canadah, eh

Re: Pastor Sean Gapay whereabouts

if anyone could link me up with my dear friends Pastor and Mrs. Gapay I would be ecstatic. I found this debate doing a search on Pastor Sean Gapay in google - I see that I'm about 3 years behind....

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Does anyone know whereabouts or email of pastor Sean Gapay? My cmpt crashed, lost his email. Last I heard from him, he was also having cmpt trouble. But it's his turn, so I'll just wait.

Mean while, if anyone would dare be his advocate, I'm up again and ready for healthy uncensored controversial debate, and on any subject, with individuals or gangs of groupies; with the only goal being to learn, get understanding, increase awareness; for it's my contention ignorance isn't the bliss many deceived by many ass u me it is:
http://www.godshew.org/ShewBread7.htm#Bliss

Danny in Canadah, eh

Re: Re: Pastor Sean Gapay whereabouts

Perhaps he vanished, since it's what he wanted. Hmmm, isn't the dead sea also now rapidly vanishing, in accordance with what is ready to vanish: Heb 8:13 shall vanish: 1Cor 13:8, till all that remains is:

The GRACE of our Lord Jesus Christ with you all. Amen.