Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum

Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Seek and find

Allegory is used to create multidimensional characters, so they appear larger in meaning and different from what they really are. Allegory is a diversion, that hides reality beneath a shroud of fantasy. Allegory allows writers to put forward THEIR moral and political POINTS OF VIEW. A careful study of an allegorical piece of writing can give an insight into its writer’s mind as to how HE VIEWS the world and how HE WISHES the world to be. Study of an allegorical piece of writing can give an insight into its writer's mind as to how HE VIEWS religion and how HE WISHES religion to be.
Allegory is a form of deception to promote someone or something in a manner which otherwise may not be accepted. Allegory is used to soften the harshness of reality. Allegory is the chaff of reality. Allegory places obstacles in the path of discovery. For example; Allegory... Grandpa has gone to live with Jesus in heaven..(Big mystery, many questions). In reality; Grandpa is dead. (No question, no mystery).
With that in mind, 99% of the Old Testament stories are allegory. Most are simply a dream. The symbolism is apparent but the object symbolized is not. A dream has no reality.
Saul of Tarsus used allegory to make it appear God initiated a second “covenant” with Ishmael. Really??? God made it clear Israel is superior to all Arab nations as well as all peoples worldwide, and that's reality!! Why cover that up with allegory?? Establishing SUPERIORITY of one sibling above another without warrant is nothing less than INCITEMENT. The world is reeling today with animosity and hatred resulting from that thoughtless and disrespectful judgment. The ugly truth will always remain. Saul used that episode to once more boast that Jews are superior to Arabs. (Or was he saying Christians are superior to Arabs and other people)???
Revelations is all allegory, written by a man rejected, ridiculed, excommunicated, disrespected, scorned and condemned. Why??? Because he understood and desired to preserve the truth. He knew Jesus was not the Messiah, but a very intelligent man who questioned the misuse of the Mosaic laws. So....He attacked the hypocritical upstart churches of that time with??? Allegory!!! Revelations is John's allegory for payback. This type of allegory is so radical, the object of symbolism is lost.

Iam Thatiam. Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Seems you missed the target you were shooting at, aka allegory, by perceiving it through the lens of a carnal mind.
It's preposterous order to teach first, learn after.
Ask God for His wisdom, as your's is sorely lacking.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be/is] with you all. Amen.

Daniel;
Wisdom is a fleeting thing. Wisdom has hundreds of definitions by and for hundreds of religions, cultures and philosophies. Wisdom is in a state of dormancy until it is awakened by those unaware they have it. Wisdom is small and wisdom is great, yet it serves a purpose according to it's calling. Wisdom has no country, culture or religion. Wisdom cannot be classified nor appointed.

Those who boast of having wisdom are lacking.

Iam Thatiam. Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Indeed. I like how James 3:15-17 contrasts two kinds of "wisdom", and allegory as if contrasting Law & Grace:

First he describes law as wisdom, saying this wisdom descendeth not from above, but is "earthly, sensual, devilish". It results in envying and strife, producing confusion and every evil work.

Then he allegory describes grace as wisdom, noting it's "from above" (aka Grace to you from God), and it's "pure" (pure grace, not grace + law mingled), and notes it's seven things:
- peace-able
- gentle
- easy to be entreated
- full of mercy
- full of good fruits
- without partiality
- without hypocrisy

In my journey, I was well educated, and well travelled; Yet all I had was f-law wisdom ('gnosis' knowledge), even when I diligently studied the Bible for 7 years in flesh mode, it still resulted in weariness of the flesh, and confusion, not peace. So I finally & humbly ASKED God for His wisdom, like in James 1:5-8, where it notes to ask the God who "upbraideth not". That describes Grace God (not Law God). Then I got mind blowing revelations that helped me unlearn my f-law wisdom and re-learn grace wisdom.

Yet pure grace, of "the God of all grace", is so gracious, it will not force itself upon anyone like law does; Rather it patiently waits to be asked. So I finally asked.

Previously, I didn't know there were two kinds of "knowledge":
- 'gnosis' knowledge (also rendered as "science"), which in 1Cor 13:8 KJV shall "vanish away" when it comes to what never fails.
- 'epignosis' knowledge (aka grace wisdom), which God our Saviour will have all men come to know, even after saved.

The grace (God) of our Lord Jesus Christ [be/is] WITH you all. Amen.

We cannot own wisdom. We can only experience wisdom. Wisdom cannot be classified nor can it be truly defined. We cannot take wisdom, therefore we cannot give it. With that as guidance, truth can be revealed. Authors of stories in the New Testament, also invented the subject of their writings.

CONGRATULATIONS on acquiring yourself “doctorate” in “SPIRITUAL WISDOM”!! (grace wisdom) :-D
Let us learn about “spiritual wisdom”, ER.. I mean “grace wisdom”. :-D
Saul of Tarsus. (founder of Christianity; 1 Corinthians chapter 3, verse 10) could not understand what Jesus meant when he spoke of a “Kingdom within”. Saul never heard the teachings of Jesus, therefore he never experienced the power of his words. All he had for reference were stories told by the disciples and a list of sayings by Jesus, being circulated at that time. As a result we have a superstitious, mythological religion, supported by theological interpretations, made by narcissistic, greedy men.
The nature of being wise is knowing HOW things ARE a certain way, as well as knowing WHY things ARE a certain way. Saul could not understand WHY things Jesus said, are a certain way nor could he comprehend or PROVE, HOW things he said, are a certain way. Jesus spoke only of REAL things while Saul, being superstitious, could only think of GHOSTS!!! How very clever of Saul to suggest truth seekers who could not comprehend ghosts and spirits lacked “spiritual wisdom”.
Without personal contact with Jesus, Saul was unable to link his worldly interpretations to the information provided by the disciples. To make his worldly, superstitious concepts seem valid, he invented a “spiritual” realm and incorporated that into his chaotic ideology.
Unable to explain or prove any fundamentals of “spiritual wisdom”, Saul attacked those suspecting a hoax, saying they were blinded by “worldly wisdom”.(law wisdom)!! :-D. That, he claimed made intelligent men with REAL WISDOM (law wisdom) stupid, dooming them to another of his inventions, HELL!!!!!!! That “ghost” induced fear allowed him to teach nonsense and mythology to the ignorant masses. (People who claim “spiritual wisdom” do not have wisdom necessary to realize, it does not exist).
Saul's strange and unproven ideas were challenged rather severely, by the Corinthians who were wise to his method. How they reasoned, could some one desiring proof of “ghost and spirits” be STUPID?? In fact his religion was ridiculed for hundreds of years until a devious Roman Ruler, Constantine helped form it into a useful tool.
The world and humanity are better because of WORLDLY WISDOM!!! Without it, sick people would still be sitting beside a pool at Bethesda, waiting for the water to stir!!! So called “SPIRITUAL WISDOM” has placed this world and it's inhabitants in great peril.

Iam Thatiam, Grace, mercy, and peace, from God, our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord. Seems...

in your rant, you are yet unable to distinguish Saul & Paul, nor yet able to see from the NT narrative how even when he became Paul, after being Saul, he was still a CJ, in Acts (noted in Galatians 2:4), but later became a JC, in Romans - Philemon, then preaching and teaching the gospel of "Christ", not of Jesus, and notably "through our Lord Jesus Christ".

In 1Corinthians 3:10,11, Paul doesn't call himself founder of Christianity, but notes the only "foundation" laid to build upon is "Jesus Christ", which is like saying that foundation is "grace and truth" (as if in contrast to law and lie)...

For in John 1:17 it contrasts law & grace, of Moses & Jesus Christ, allegory as if contrasting lie & truth. Then in John 17:2-4 it notes "the only true God" sent only "Jesus Christ" (not "Christ Jesus") to give only "eternal life" (not "life eternal"); For "Christ Jesus" is reverse of "Jesus Christ', and "life eternal' is reverse of "eternal life", in the allegoric manner law is reverse of grace, which is why tiem got split into BC/AD, and are accounted as Bwd/Fwd.

Similar with contrasting Law Wisdom & Grace Wisdom:
- Law is not from above nor pure, but earthy, sensual, devilish
- Grace is from above and pure,
as allegory contrasted in James 3:15-17

Yes, law is not only natural, but also spiritual, but then it's called "spiritual wickedness" in high places. In contrast grace is spiritual, but never wickedness.

Hopefully you will soon see the difference, and stop arguing, so we may have a fruitful discussion. Grace is not against any, but with you all from above, as pure wisdom from God.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be/is] with you all. Amen.

My, my Daniel. How easy it is for you to copy words written by men you do not know...
I've never considered an argument with you. I give to you logic. You in turn offer mythology. I give you truth backed by reality and nature. You offer magic and superstition. I present a case against ghost and spirits using the lack thereof as proof. You offer writings of superstitious ignorant men thousands of years dead. You have learned nothing between then and now. I question the writings of those dead men and you defend them with their own writings! The world has not stood still during the past two thousand years. Much “water” has moved beneath the bridge and around your “island” built on sands of superstition. You constantly defend your commitment to the words you tout as your salvation. Truth needs no defense.
You have a name but you are not your name. You do not know yourself. You are John, Mathew, Paul and others. You recite every word they wrote, yet have none of your own. You are an empty vessel decorated by others, in a niche of your choosing. There are WORDS HIDDEN IN PLAIN VIEW among and within those you recite! Those words offer FREEDOM FROM THE SHACKLES OF FEAR AND DELUSION.
I do not fear that which I cannot see! I do not fear that which I cannot hear or touch! I see clouds when I look at the sky. I hear thunder and know it's source. I know what causes the earth to shake. I know the nature of life and where it began. That knowledge is revealed to those who seek. A thing hidden will not reveal its self.
I know about Paul. I know he unrighteously altered his name. I know him better than you do. I have the same KJV as you. There is nothing to discuss.
As I wrote, I have no argument with you. I first considered this a forum. Forums have diversity in opinions. I have not restrained my opinions which at times, are quite controversial to your theme. However no one but you replies. I assume there is no traffic or perhaps those who do not reply.... agree.

Dear Iam Thatiam, I wish you Grace, mercy, and peace, from God, our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord.

It's not 'mythology' I share, but what I finally learned when I humbly asked the God who "upbraideth not" for His Wisdom, since mine had failed. You may also ask that God, when ready to let go of natural things and get on with spiritual things.

Heck, even when "spiritual" of natural/spiritual, there's still "comparing spiritual things with spiritual" to do. Why? For even when "spirit" mode of soul/spirit, there's still both "spirit of error" & "spirit of truth" to yet sort out.

You would do well to look closer at writings of Paul, as his logic is not linear nor circular, but a dialectic logic that first looks at both sides of children vs children, then afterward concludes neither, since both such are childish.

The purpose of the forum is to discuss, not argue. Nobody really wins if argue, for it's still lose/win battle mode & duality; So even when it's an assume win: aka be right to make others wrong, it's not the end of battle (FightClub) mode, and perhaps more like self-condemnation, by f-law judging others.

It's like nobody really wins in a court of law, for it's just law vs law, neither yet grace.

The "grace" of our Lord Jesus Christ [be/is] "with" you all. Amen.