Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum

Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Freedom possibilities

Here is another journal entry from time past​

Be true to yourself
Break the chains that bind you.Don't "stick" with things that no longer serve your highest purpose. (Self defeating loyalties )Follow your passions, not what society or you tribe expect of you.Don't be afraid to change your mind or let go of an old belief or loyalty, once you have learned a new perspective.
Most things, ideas, teachings, understandings are stepping stones to something greater, if we have the courage to let go.
I believe that God, is not a jealous, vindictive, man who wants me to listen to another man, telling me how to dress, what to or not to eat, who to visit, who to help, who/where to pay my tithes , what is acceptable as tithes (type/amount) God does not care by what name to be called. God has nothing to be jelous about, God is ALL. God has got my back! I think we are not supposed to know certain things, True faith is, experiencing life, learning from our own mistakes, following "Our higher selves", "a higher power", "God", "intuition" "the universe ". God wants us to recognize this and to follow it, not to follow others and their rules and traditions. We are not meant to be "cookie cutter" type, we are co-creators. God's commandments (wishes, Grace, intuition) are written on our hearts for each of us and we are pulled further away from our true selves, the more we belive others and abandon our inner voice.
Following other people (not learning from) creates identity issues within us, even cause us to rebel and become "bad", because we know that it is not who we are and it is not right. It has caused huge problems in this world.
I'm realizing that I do not want my kids to go through the same issues I am facing because of these things. They should not feel unworthy, ashamed etc. Over the stuff that does not matter. Kids know it's not right until we belittle them by saying we know better, and insisting that they conform. This builds an alter ego. We all have one. I have faith in my kids. They are God's creation, are beautiful, a piece of God's love from the beginning, they don't need to "become" good people. They should spread their wings and follow their own path to their greatest self.
It's time we admit and and take responsibility for these things so that future generations improve.
Religion, government, education, (ALL of them with no exception) over the world are guilty of separation, as we "follow the traditions of our fathers." Separation from each other and separation from our true selves.
NONE of the tribes or groups have it all figured out....we need to start realizing which of our deepest roots, our most solid loyalties are actually the chains which bind us, and have the faith and courage to let go.
I don't have all the answers, I'm not required to, not expected to. Seeing and feeling my path "here a little and there a little" is all I can do for now.
I am no where near "free" yet but I feel it happening and it can be scary. The layers are slowly peeling away.
These statements are true from my existing perspective, and I don't mean to challenge anyone's truths from their own perspective.

Re: Freedom possibilities

Thanks for sharing. I thank God for you, and that you are growing in Grace, mercy, and peace, from God, our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord. ... evident by your final mention of 'The layers are slowly peeling away'.

Indeed, it's layer by layer, by which we begin to unlearn and lay aside traditional things of our old man (past mode); As if being gently deconstructed & reconstructed by the Spirit of grace and truth, to then re-search and learn new things, about how the old man allegory got crucified and the new man is being risen with Christ unto all things new.

It's allegory like 3 phases in a learning game of seek & find, having clues what to seek & what to find (find grace in time):

cOLD-Luke/Warm-Hot, as if going fwd through
great-greater-greatest modes, and going through
good-better-best unto the rest of the story.

I look forward to also hearing from you that it has become "all things are new", in "Christ" mode, of "through our Lord Jesus Christ", which takes you thru JC, from Jesus mode (for them) to Christ mode (for us); So then, as noted in 2Corinthians 5:17 KJV, "old things are passed away"; As if not only your 'time past' things are behind you, and not only being left behind as you go forward only, but even being purged to the point of no longer given place.

For in C mode of thru JC, we can then C so "much more", as if layers of blinders being removed from our spiritual eyes.

It begins in the heart being established with grace to then help the mind be renewed with grace, mercy, peace until a childish u become a graceful, merciful, peaceful mature U no longer needing to be commanded (like a servant), neither by OT laws nor even by NT better law such as a new commandment to love one another. Not said to bash nor diminish love, but to aware share pure grace is even more than love, since love is still a commandment, and pure grace will not force itself on anyone, nor command people.

Hope that made some sense. Grace Hug.
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be/is] with you all. Amen.

Re: Freedom possibilities

Grace and mercy to you also.

Thank you for all of your responses, I'm glad to be able to stick my head out of the box of confinement and be able to love all types of people for who they are without feeling like I'm cheating on "the church"....I'm slowly becoming able to let go of so many fears of which I was bewitched since birth. A lot of things are confusing but welcome to learn.
I feel one possible trap I need to look out for although allow myself to go through naturally is some resentment. I'm trying to integrate my feelings, I'm learning, when held by Grace I need not be ashamed and fear my feelings, for grace understands all things and allows me to go through all I need to and is patient as these things melt away with my new trust.
It shows me how I am allowed to be just who I would most want to be toward others in love, understanding, acceptance etc. Although I do find myself continually needing to be reminded to turn from the sides wars since with new found information and freedoms I need to learn how to help others without adding fuel or momentum to the fight, struggle, sides wars etc.

Thanks and Grace to all.
Scott