Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum

Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: God or Gods

It seems to me law is so destructive it will even destroy itself. So perhaps even the word "destroy" is a law word, not a grace word. Grace is not destructive like Law is. Here's an example, in Mt 5:17 KJV, where the latter part seems to use allegory that is not [yet] well understood:

Matthew 5:17 KJV:
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Perhaps the allegory aspect for "I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil" is like allegory saying I am (grace & truth) not come to destroy (law), but to fulfil (grace & truth).

You wouldn't happen to the lexicon terms for PropheCy and PropheSy would you? The ones I found online seem to be the opposite as far as Hebrew and Greek go. The Hebrew is PropheSy and the Greek is PropheSy?

I found the lexicon kinda useless re propheCy & propheSy.

I found propheCy and PropheSy are allegorically as different as law and grace, or as gloom & groom. PropheCy seems to allegory suggest law and prophets, who mostly predict gloom & doom, aka dis-comfort. PropheSy seems to allegory suggest edify & exhort all men unto comfort (not discomfort).

For example in 1Corinthians 13:8 KJV it notes whether "prophecies", they shall fail. In 1Thessalonians 5:20 it says despise not prophesyings.

It's a difficult subject that seems to require revelation of the Spirit to properly understand it.

Thanks for that verse BTW. You are right.