Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum

Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: God or Gods

Thanks for sharing. Indeed it usually boils down to miss-interpretation. For example Jesus Christ said this in Mark 12:27 to help correct an erroneous interpretation: He is not God of the dead, but God of the living. Perhaps an allegory aspect of such is: He is not Law, but Grace.

In 2Corinthians 3 it contrasts this as if contrasting law & grace glories: He is not the ministration of condemnation and death, but the ministration of righteousness and spirit, a life giver.

Many people have had their theologies or religion challenged and are asking questions which shows they are reconsidering false things once held as truth.

For me, it took asking the God who "upbraideth not" for wisdom, as noted in James 1:5-8. Only then did I get answers I needed for my own peace. For I finally got to the place I wanted the truth, even if it made me a liar. Yet first I had to ask myself(s): which God (?) is that? -- juxtapose such with a God portrayed in Hebrews 12:6 that "chastens & scourges". For me it was kinda like comparing or contrasting two Gods.

For me, now, the only God I know is the God of all grace (1Peter 5:10), Who is graceful, merciful, peaceful. To me that is ONEderful, as if above WONDERful.

So I now wish grace, mercy, and peace to all from a heart that finally got established ↑with grace↑, as if no longer either under the law nor under grace, which seems to be what Hebrews 13:9 portrays.

Hope that made some sense, for the way a thing is presented is usually most often dependent on how it is received.

Once again your reply offered nothing related to the complex situation brought about by your God. Young and old people today are becoming more and more intelligent. They have questions and are finding answers outside the quaint and obsolete teachings of today's religious leaders. They seek and are finding truth within the the reality of things that are. We are tired of asking questions of men who scramble to find an answer in their religious shop manual the Bible!! As I said people are growing intelligent while Bible scholars are content to remain encapsulated in antiquated ideas revised over and over by ignorant men.
The horrors forced on innocent people today cannot be comforted by words written to Corinthians. There is no comfort hearing “God loves you” when a loved one dies slowly and painfully from cancer even while praying and begging for God's mercy.... How much more sincere can a person be than when praying for life??? Your religious idol Paul never witnessed the aftermath of mass murder in a school, or the horror of a suicide bomber!!!!
Righteous people today couldn't care less what Paul, Matthew and the other cowardly so called “followers” wrote two thousand years ago. People today are losing interest in myths and legends.
The world needs more than recitations from Sunday school lessons to cure it's ills. None of them have worked so far.

Dear Iam Thatiam. Grace, mercy, peace. Thanks, You made some good points. Applause. Yet perhaps miss-understood me. I put away nice + nasty PluralGod of Jews-Christians-Muslims, to go on with the God of all grace, is only nice. That God (higher than a "Majesty on high") does not impute iniquities to forgive, nor sin to cover up -- which I humorously call DiaperBlessed, a cover up that also gets uncovered later, to reveal pew isn't [yet] flushed. Seems this: uncovering(s) is happening now, in all 3 religious sect-ors of Jews-Christians-Muslims. For revelation = uncover cover ups.

For me, I finally realized that in the biblical narrative, which also describes itself as "allegory" and "mystery", that time allotted for Genesis 1's PluralGod (elohyim=plural) has expiration, and has now expired, for in Hebrews 1 allegoric time allotted for this PluralGod only includes plural "Days" (millenniums in 2Peter 3:8), But it's now AD called The Third "Day" = no longer plural Days beyond false/true Y2Ks:

(TimePast←PluralGod→LastDays...Y2Ks)→TheThirdDay

I agree with many of your observations, even though still a tad more adversarial than observational. Yes, seems people ww are demanding answers to their questions beyond religious & political ideologies. Good. Yet, as an observation, seems people protesting ww are still crying for 'justice' = fault-find and punish (not forgive). Seems, to me, justice is a word never used in NT, so I humorously call it just-ice, to allegorize how cOLD it (Rule of Law) can get in f-law mode. lol...

Seems, if I may dare use a Bible phrase about such, it noted in Matthew 24:12 that even the "love"('agape') of "many" shall wax cOLD when iniquity abounds, perhaps "many" of 2SonsJesus' many/few con-trast in Mt 7, neither of such twain being all=one. It's why I put away both sides(ways) of 2SonsJesus' BroadWay(of many)←&→NarrowWay(of few) for what 1Cor 12:31 calls a MoreExcellentWay, which is neither of 2SonsJesus' PluralWays. For James 1:8 notes a "double minded" man (even if 'aner' of 'anthropos'/'aner' kinds of man) is still "unstable" both ways if still having plural "ways"...

So ya, I agree, it's now time we all put away adversarial DUALity of religious & political sides wars -- child-ish wars of adult ppl still wanting to be right-sidead to make others wrong-sidead. Dead end both ways. For it's still partiality on right of left/right, so still has "enemies" (thereby "jeopardy", even death) due to still have "enmity" = "law" in f-law one another mode. So...

A major theme in Bible narrative, in both OT & NT, is true God has no partiality. Pure Wisdom from above (GraceToU & peace from God) has no partiality. So even if your part, of their part vs your part, seems better of twain, it's still only part, not yet ONEderful; And when perfect is come, for "all" to be "one", then both parts should be done away, which Apostle Paul notes in 1Cor 13:10. Seems why Paul says "done away" x2 in 2Cor 3.

Seems ill-u-sion can have a side effect, even on sion side. For in Bible narrative, even in sion mode, called heavenly Jerusalem, there's still a StumblingStone to stumble on, and still a Judge (noted in Heb 12). No such stumble nor judge in Grace, mercy, peace. Seems why TheEnd, in KJV, is:

The "grace" of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you all. Amen. (for no against in with you all).

David offered everything YOU needed to find what YOU needed. Put away the Division of Twain. We all have a Third Choice in Charity.

"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain(1-2) one new(Third) man, so making peace;" Ephesians 2:15

Yes, of faith→hope→charity, charity is 3rd of 3. Charity never fails.

It's first described in 1Cor 12:31 as a "more excellent way", which can be spiritually perceived as if above & beyond both the BroadWay & NarrowWay of Many & Few in Matthew 7:13,14. For neither Many nor Few are All.

I humorously call it ONEderful, which is no longer DUALity of Twain.

As for the one new "man" in Ephesians 2:15, I find this is still an 'anthropos' man in Greek; And in 1Corinthians 11:3 every "man" whose head is Christ is an 'aner' man in Greek. So there's more to go on unto than just new of old/new. For when we look at Romans 3:4, in Greek, it says let God be true, but every 'anthropos' man a liar.

In like manner the second "man" in 1Cor 15:45-47's contrast of Adam1/Adam2, called "last Adam", is also still 'anthropos' man, of anthropos/aner kinds of man. So perhaps the true Christ is neither of Adam1/Adam2, because it said in 1Cor 15:22 that "as in Adam all die". Perhaps this would include last Adam.

It seems every good mystery has lots of twists. For even when in spirit mode of soul/spirit, there's still both "spirit of truth and spirit of error", which can end badly, with error, if we don't put away all law to have grace only.

Hope I haven't spoiled your enthusiasm to continue your study.

Grace, mercy, [and] peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

We both know you don't need to explain that to me. But One thing I know, is to destroy the law is to use the law against itself, so making peace. :)

It seems to me law is so destructive it will even destroy itself. So perhaps even the word "destroy" is a law word, not a grace word. Grace is not destructive like Law is. Here's an example, in Mt 5:17 KJV, where the latter part seems to use allegory that is not [yet] well understood:

Matthew 5:17 KJV:
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Perhaps the allegory aspect for "I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil" is like allegory saying I am (grace & truth) not come to destroy (law), but to fulfil (grace & truth).

You wouldn't happen to the lexicon terms for PropheCy and PropheSy would you? The ones I found online seem to be the opposite as far as Hebrew and Greek go. The Hebrew is PropheSy and the Greek is PropheSy?

I found the lexicon kinda useless re propheCy & propheSy.

I found propheCy and PropheSy are allegorically as different as law and grace, or as gloom & groom. PropheCy seems to allegory suggest law and prophets, who mostly predict gloom & doom, aka dis-comfort. PropheSy seems to allegory suggest edify & exhort all men unto comfort (not discomfort).

For example in 1Corinthians 13:8 KJV it notes whether "prophecies", they shall fail. In 1Thessalonians 5:20 it says despise not prophesyings.

It's a difficult subject that seems to require revelation of the Spirit to properly understand it.

Thanks for that verse BTW. You are right.