Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum

Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Iousus Christos

If two became one, then your name would mean one thing.

Iesous(Jesus - 2424) Christos(Christ - 5457)

Iesous:
Jesus = "Jehovah is salvation"
Jesus, the Son of God, the Saviour of mankind, God incarnate
Jesus Barabbas was the captive robber whom the Jews begged Pilate to release instead of Christ
Joshua was the famous captain of the Israelites, Moses' successor (Ac. 7:45, Heb. 4:
Jesus, son of Eliezer, one of the ancestors of Christ (Lu. 3:
Jesus, surnamed Justus, a Jewish Christian, an associate with Paul in the preaching of the gospel (Col. 4:

Christos:
Christ = "anointed"
Christ was the Messiah, the Son of God
anointed

They simply are not the same thing.

Re: Iousus Christos

Grace, mercy, and peace, from
God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Indeed, I found Jesus, and Christ, are as different as 2 Sons (Son of God and Son of man) and 1 Son (Son of God); or as different as "Master, master" (two masters): Luke 8:24 and "Master" (one): Matthew 23:8,10; or allegorically as different as cloudy and sunny. Some differences noted here:
http://sabelle.com/godshew/JesusVSChrist.html

Since it clarifies no man can serve two masters; and it clarifies God has ONLY one Son; and it clarifies God sent not his Son to condemn, but save the world; and it clarifies Christ is Saviour of the world; Then we should move on, from Jesus mode to Christ mode.

It gets interesting to notice in Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ = the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever"; But I noticed Hebrews tends to compare "Christ Jesus" and "Jesus Christ" as if comparing better law of great high priest to grace and truth. So there's the CJ vs JC thing to sort out. I also found apostle Paul tells divisional Corinthians (1Cor 1:10) they should all be "the same", as if JC (not CJ). For Paul is always a JC writing to CJs. So there's the CJ vs JC thing to sort out, noted here:
http://sabelle.com/godshew/ChristJesus.htm

I also found it interesting to compare Son of man vs Son of God. For it seems Jesus turns from one to the other. Eg: in Mt 16, where he calls himself Son of man to ask who do men say I am, then not Son of man when asking who do ye say I am; then after Peter says Jesus = Christ, he turns and calls Peter Satan. It seems like he turns from Son of man, to Son of God, then to Son of man again in the same chapter. So there's this aspect to sort out. Some details here:
http://sabelle.com/godshew/Revelations10.htm

John 1:17 says grace and truth came by Jesus Christ, in contrast to law given by Moses, as if comparing grace and law as truth and lie. John 16:7,13 says Jesus had to go away for the Spirit of truth to come and guide us into all truth. John 17:3 says the only true God sent JC, and 17:4 says he finished the work given him to do before the cross. Yet when reading thru the epistles it seems that although grace and truth came BY JC, it also clarifies peace and victory are THROUGH J-->C, only in C mode. What gets really interesting is 2Cor 5:14-20, which says we first get constrained by the love(God) of Christ, then get reconciled by JC, but also clarifies "that God" was in "Christ" reconciling the world, and by not imputing their trespasses to them, then notes when reconciled (by that God in Christ) we become ambassadors for Christ (is the end of the law).

Lots of details to sort out when considering "mystery", especially if allegory, so allegoric-mystery, and every good mystery has lots of twists, usually right up to the end, so we're told to endure unto the end. Interesting stuff to study out.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you all. Amen.