Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum

Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Master

Bible Mystery: Which one of these is your Master?
Christ = Master (kathegetes): Matthew 23:8-10,
- isn't Master (didaskatlos),
- isn't Master (rhabbi),
- isn't Master (epistates),
- isn't Master (kyrios),
- isn't Master, master (Rhabbi, rhabbi),
- isn't Master, master (Epistates, epistates).

Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many... Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here [is] Christ, or there; believe [it] not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before: Matthew 24:4-25 (KJV).

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon: Matthew 6:24 & Luke 16:13 (KJV)

Re: Master

Love you Daniel.
"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." James 1:5

Indeed, James 1:5-8 KJV clarifies both
which God to ask, and also how to ask:

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man [is] unstable in all his ways.

Who to ask:
the God that "upbraideth not"

How to ask:
- in faith, so in grace, for law is not of faith
- nothing wavering, not as child tossed to & fro
- not as a double minded man either

Interesting stuff

Sometimes other people are "right" too. When they are it might be best to not comment further.

Grace, mercy, [and] peace, from
God, our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Being right to make others wrong had this interesting side effect for Jesus: "numbered with the transgressors" = shame, not fame. So the shew goes on, until grow in grace and truth above and beyond blame game shame.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you all. Amen.