Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Origin of double-mindeadness?!

Adam,

Grace unto you, and peace,
from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

You pose a good question about two different kinds of "heavenly": 'epouranios' and 'ouranios' in Greek. Most people don't even know there's two different "heavenly"(s); So it's a good question & well posed under this topic of double minded.

I'll try explaining it by using the 'Blue Letter Bible' search link on my Bible Helps Page, putting it in KJV mode, with Strong's box clicked to bring up Greek words, then search "heavenly". It brings up ouranios (#3770) and epouranios (#2032) verses for the word "heavenly". Yet most people still won't notice the differences, so I'll point out some.

In Matthew 18:35 threatening Jesus' "heavenly" (epouranios) Father is not merciful, notable by reading Mt 18:23-35, where this God Father of Jesus notably forgives and un-forgives and torments a servant. Ouch. It's different than your "heavenly" (ouranios) Father in Matthew 15:13. For in Luke 6:36 "your heavenly Father" is "merciful", which in Mt 5:48 is "perfect". So it reasons there's two different heavenly(s) and Father(s), one is not perfect (not merciful) and one is perfect (merciful).

ouranios heavenly Father = perfect = merciful
epouranios heavenly Father = not perfect nor merciful

If we click on this Mt 18:35 "heavenly" (#2032), it brings up verses where 'epouranios' is used, and not only used differently than 'ouranios' (is always "heavenly"), but also used differently as "heavenly", "celestial", "in heaven", and "high".

I'll just talk about "high" in Ephesians 6:12, where it notes "spiritual wickedness" occurs in "high" (epouranious) places. So epouranios "heavenly" may be spiritual, but it's "spiritual wickedness". So it's law, not grace. That's the allegoric difference we're noticing. So regarding "high", Apostle Paul notes thrice: "be not high minded": Rom 11:20, "mind not high things": Rom 12:16, "be not high minded": 1Tim 6:17; For "highminded" is listed among "unholy" things in 2Tim 3 to turn away from.

Highminded is also double minded when studied out. So the epouranios heavenly is often followed by words like "[places]" and "things" to denote it's plural God realm, not God is one.

So it reasons there's high and higher heavenly(s). In Hebrews 7:26 the "higher" heavenly realm is "harmless". The reason not to be highminded is it's not (yet) harmless on high, not even on the right side of left/right heavens on high.

ouranios heavenly = "higher than the heavens" on high.
epouranios heavenly = the left/right heavens "on high".

In Hebrews 3:1 this "heavenly" (epouranios) calling (from on high) is associated with the "High" Priest "Christ Jesus". Such is also associated with the "Holy Ghost" when studied out. The difference is "Christ Jesus" is reverse of "Jesus Christ", and "Holy Ghost" driven (walk before me) is different than "Holy Spirit" led (follow me).

To be brief, it's the difference between law and grace.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you all. Amen.

Re: Origin of double-mindeadness?!

That's not necessarily what I was looking for, I know so many Bible verses now I feel like I am incapable to even ask however: you have taught me so much I am pretty sure I know enough to do what I need to do fully. I have been trying to send people to this site but only getting grief in return. I had to understand some things to show some things if you know what I mean. Instead of attempting to send them here, I am just gonna go off of what I know Best; accept with my own Social Media Skills that I have learned in literal Meetings, I am really good at what I do. So don't worry, if I have questions this will be the page I come to. I might be the Last, but it doesn't mean something isn't about to start either. I need trust and at the End of the Day I dunno if I will get it. All I ask is Blessings to do what I need to do. Thankyou again Apostle Daniel. <3