Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum

Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mormonism

Grace(4UQEG),mercy and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

I am not a Mormon. But I believe that the following excellent articles can help you re:your tithing problem with the LDS church. Go to:

1...http://www.bible-truths.com/tithing.html

2...Godshew.org (scroll down to the bottom of the home page and click on "site map", then search (Ctrl-F) for "Lotto Winning" and especially "Troll Toll Ending")

Also, the following scripture may help:

2CO 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

But churchy folk would have us believe...

2CO 9:7 Every man according as his bishop demands, so make him give; grudgingly, or of necessity(obligation),if necessary: for God loveth to shame people into giving.

Marshall

The grace(4UQEG)of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all(and against no one). Amen.

Re: Mormonism

Grace unto you, and peace,
from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

I used to (past tense) bash Mormons, even once called them morons; But I've grown in grace, mercy, peace since then. I don't agree with Mormonism, which is rooted in law, which is contained in f-law. Grace has no such f-law.

But I love them, and after reading 2Corinthians 5:19, which notes to wit, that God in Christ doesn't law impute their trespasses unto them... So neither do I condemn them.

So my 'take' on Mormons is this:
Not wrong, per se, just more to learn they have.

They do have zeal for law. So did Saul of Saul/Paul. It seems like that is why he got chosen to become Paul: his witness unto all men, because of his zeal. So I applaud their zeal, but hope and pray they'll change it from zeal for law to zeal for grace.

When it comes to what should you do, I can't and won't make that decision for you, as it's your decision to make, after doing your homework. I can suggest what the Bible says to do, such as "from such turn away" in 2Timothy 3:5. That pretty much says give them both cheeks as you walk away from their legalism, which is plan B: Bondage.

Man up, on behalf of your sons. I did it many years ago for my 3 children. After I learned what I'd got them into, and challenged the head of the church I was in, found out he was lying, etc; I took my children and walked away, never to return.

Consider this phrase: "holiness with sobriety". It kinda suggests not one mingled drink of their grace + law; For if we connect Luke 5:37 to Acts 1:18 the result putting new wine in old bottles is "Judas burst". Bad ending.

Consider this: AD--> only goes one way: for-ward to up-ward. So if you went back, would it be for-ward?

I'm open to chat. Email: approved@godshew.org

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you all. Amen.