Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum

Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mormonism

I would like to know your 'Take' on Mormonism. I am LDS, but am attempting to get back 'In', for my two younger son's sake, as well as mine, but as of late I'm concerned that I'm heading back into the 'Lion's Den'. I have been inactive for 6-7 years, as a result of not complying with the 'Law of Tithing'. In brief, I got tired of doling all of my income to pay for debts I incurred through irresponsible spending, (which I still struggle with to this day), and I treated my family to Disneyland with that year's tax refund. My Bishop was incensed that I spent the 'Lord's' money innappropriately. I've become to accept the 'Law of Tithing', but I feel obligated, instead of doing it willingly. Help! I have three sons. The oldest is non-LDS, serving in the Armed Forces abroad. The middle son, became a member of the LDS Church through the covenant, after my ex-wife and I were sealed in the Salt Lake City Temple. He was then baptized at the age of 8, and is now going to be 12 in September, but is not active in the Church. My youngest son, has had little or no involvement in the Church and I recently invited the Missionaries to begin the Missionary Discussions, which will enable my son to be baptized, and give me an opportunity to raise questions as I go through the 'Repentance' process, before I am 'Given' the approval for renewal of full fellowship in the Church. What do you recommend I do at this point? I'm stuck between a rock and a hard spot, expecially since listening to 'Trunews's' Rick Wiles lambast Glenn Beck and Mormon Doctrine. http://www.trunews.com/trunews-rick-wiles-chastises-religious-right-leaders-for-endorsing-glenn-becks-bizarre-man-in-the-moon-event/ Looking forward to corresponding with you. Sincerely, Stephen Good
P.S. What is your email address?

Re: Mormonism

Grace(4UQEG),mercy and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

I am not a Mormon. But I believe that the following excellent articles can help you re:your tithing problem with the LDS church. Go to:

1...http://www.bible-truths.com/tithing.html

2...Godshew.org (scroll down to the bottom of the home page and click on "site map", then search (Ctrl-F) for "Lotto Winning" and especially "Troll Toll Ending")

Also, the following scripture may help:

2CO 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

But churchy folk would have us believe...

2CO 9:7 Every man according as his bishop demands, so make him give; grudgingly, or of necessity(obligation),if necessary: for God loveth to shame people into giving.

Marshall

The grace(4UQEG)of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all(and against no one). Amen.

Re: Mormonism

Grace unto you, and peace,
from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

I used to (past tense) bash Mormons, even once called them morons; But I've grown in grace, mercy, peace since then. I don't agree with Mormonism, which is rooted in law, which is contained in f-law. Grace has no such f-law.

But I love them, and after reading 2Corinthians 5:19, which notes to wit, that God in Christ doesn't law impute their trespasses unto them... So neither do I condemn them.

So my 'take' on Mormons is this:
Not wrong, per se, just more to learn they have.

They do have zeal for law. So did Saul of Saul/Paul. It seems like that is why he got chosen to become Paul: his witness unto all men, because of his zeal. So I applaud their zeal, but hope and pray they'll change it from zeal for law to zeal for grace.

When it comes to what should you do, I can't and won't make that decision for you, as it's your decision to make, after doing your homework. I can suggest what the Bible says to do, such as "from such turn away" in 2Timothy 3:5. That pretty much says give them both cheeks as you walk away from their legalism, which is plan B: Bondage.

Man up, on behalf of your sons. I did it many years ago for my 3 children. After I learned what I'd got them into, and challenged the head of the church I was in, found out he was lying, etc; I took my children and walked away, never to return.

Consider this phrase: "holiness with sobriety". It kinda suggests not one mingled drink of their grace + law; For if we connect Luke 5:37 to Acts 1:18 the result putting new wine in old bottles is "Judas burst". Bad ending.

Consider this: AD--> only goes one way: for-ward to up-ward. So if you went back, would it be for-ward?

I'm open to chat. Email: approved@godshew.org

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you all. Amen.