Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum

Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just found your site.

Hello. I was directed here by a friend. I am eager to learn truth, as I've been searching for it for a while. I'll have many questions, but just a couple for now, as I want to read your site more before I ask anything, but here it goes.

First of all, what makes the KJV THE version in your mind? The translators themselves note that it's not perfect, and they seem to make a kind of mess with some words. Such as, you make a distinction between the Holy Ghost and the Holy Spirit. But both ghost and spirit are translated from the same word. (Strong's G4151 pneuma)

I myself use esword, with the KJV with Strong's numbers, and YLT.

Thank you, I'll be reading.

Re: Just found your site.

Bryant,

Grace unto you, and peace,
from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Welcome. Learning the truth seems to be the primary objective of the biblical "shew", written as an allegoric "mystery" to solve in time, by seek and find, find grace in time, as noted in these verses:
- ASK and it shall be given you, SEEK and ye shall find, KNOCK and it shall be opened: Matthew 7:7
- go ye and LEARN what that meaneth: I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: Matthew 9:13
- ye shall know the TRUTH and the truth shall make you free: John 8:32
- (plural and contrary) scriptures were written aforetime for our LEARNING: Romans 15:4
- Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and FIND grace to help in time of need: Hebrew 4:16

Re: KJV. Of several different versions I've worn out, I still find KJV best for a basic study Bible; Especially when studying the allegoric mystery and connecting biblical dots. Translators (learned men all, who said it is preposterous order to teach first and learn after) used the most appropriate word of several options. Their stated goal in making "yet one more EXACT translation", a 7th bible made from six good (in the same manner God saw good x6 but very good 7th time: Genesis 1), was to "make God's holy truth the more known". I think they accomplished this goal: KJV is still #1 study bible among scholars ww. I base my conclusion on 100,000 hrs of actual bible study; But it's by the leading of the Spirit I use KJV much more than other versions (occasionally compare versions) when studying biblical allegory. I started with a Living Bible (paraphrased), and found no leading of the Spirit, even after wearing it out.

Enjoy the really big shew, is ever growing. But as Paul says, the increase goes to God. I'm still learning, not teaching; Just share what I've learned.

Grace will have Mercy, which multiplies Peace

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ with you all. Amen.