Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Salvation Can't Be Legislated Nor Earned; But Learned

Felix,

Grace(not law) unto you, and peace(not confusion),
from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Ye do err, greatly. So "go ye and learn what that (Hosea 6:6) meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice": Matthew 9:13. When going to Hebrews 10, written by Paul, it meaneth I will have grace, and not law; For sacrifice is of the law, which is neither perfect nor merciful, but imperfect and merciless.

God is not [the author] of confusion, but of peace.
Allegory: God is not author of law, but of grace.

True God: Grace, does not see evil. That God saw only good x6, very good 7th time, in Genesis 1. That God is all light(grace) and no darkness(law) at all: 1John 1:5. To wit, that God (the God of all grace) was in Christ (the end of the law) reconciling the world unto himself: 2Corinthians 5:19. Go see.

Only Law is both good and evil, ends badly. So learn to discern (avoid) both good and evil: Hebrews 5.

Law is not eternal. Law priests were not suffered to continue by reason of death(law): Hebrews 7:23; And those who trusted in law both died and received not the promise: Hebrews 11:13,39. Because, as Paul notes in Hebrews 10:36, do the will of God precedes receive the promise: eternal life. As we have established, the will of God is I will have grace, and not law. It is evident (from the evidence) that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God: Galatians 3:11; For the law is not of faith: Galatians 3:12, and whatsoever is not of faith is sin: Romans 14:23.

As for Paul, he notes his first stage of conversion, from one law to another law, made him feel "wretched", due to evil "concupiscence" of law. So he went on to flush all law as dung to gain Christ is the end of the law: Romans 10:4...Philippians 3:7. Thereafter Paul did not frustrate(law, vex) the grace of God, by thinking righteousness is of the law: Galatians 2:21. For as Solomon says of law: it's all vanity and vexation(frustration) of spirit(grace) x7: Ecclesiastes.

Felix, ye need to learn the difference between driven and led. Paul notes ye/we (Jews/Gentiles) are not under the law, but under grace, "if led of the Spirit": Romans 6:14,15 x2 ... Galatians 5:18. Example:

Law Driven: walk before me, be perfect, or else.
Grace Led: follow me, be perfect, also merciful.

Take a look at purpose 'driven' churches. Note how imperfect they are, because they're legalistic. They base their salvation on sacrifice, which is of the law, which is neither perfect nor merciful, but imperfect and merciless: Hebrews 10.

So, Felix, ye do err by jumping on a band wagon of sounding brass and tinkling cymbol, which amounts to "nothing" in 1Corinthians 13 (also James 1), as noted by Paul "The Apostle": "his witness unto all men": "his angel" who plays the "last trump" (grace) in every epistle, including Hebrews and Revelation:

The GRACE of our Lord Jesus Christ WITH YOU ALL. AMEN.