Comment
Real Location of Mt Sinai?

----- Original Message -----
To: Daniel Miles
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 11:59 PM
Subject: RE: Mt Sinai location

Hi:

Mt Sinai is not located at the traditional Jebel Musa location
I found Anchor Stone International web site's story on Mt Sinai/Mt Horeb, proving Mount Sinai in Arabia (at Jebel el Lawz instead of the traditional Jebel Musa site on the Sinai Pennisula), to be both an interesting and evidential story. However it simply proves what Paul The Apostle already said in Galatians 4:25 "mount Sinai in Arabia". So the real location of mount Sinai in Arabia is not in Egypt on a Sinai Pennisula as thought by many; but Mount Sinai [is] in Arabia.
Arab Name for Mt Sinai: Jebel el Lawz (Jabal al Lawz): Mountain of Law
The thing I found most interesting about the Mt Sinai/Horeb evidential story of Anchor Stone web site was not that Jebel el Lawz (the mountain of Musa: Moses) was the highest peak in the entire NW Saudi Arabia region, nor that is was even blackened at the top; But that it had twin peaks, as if double heads.

Please do a little more research on the location of Mt. Sinai. Don't be too quick to take Mt. Sinai out of the Sinai Peninsula. I don't want you to be misled by Ron Wyatt's claims. He must not have known that the Sinai Peninsula was called Arabia Petrea.

Therefore, he thought Mt. Sinai was in the modern Saudi Arabia. To me, that is impossible.

Also, look at Jebel Musa in the southern tip of the Sinai Peninsula. Is there enough room for a large group of people and animals to circle Jebel Musa? I don't think so. Is Jebel Musa in the desert? No. It is in the mountains.

Mt. Sinai is in the desert in the NE quadrant of the Sinai Peninsula. You can pick out its knob in a photo made from the Space Station (STS 40).

Ex. 15:22 says, "Moses brought Israel from the Red sea, and THEY WENT OUT INTO THE WILDERNESS (midbar, desert) OF SHUR; and THEY WENT THREE DAYS IN THE WILDERNESS (midbar, desert) AND FOUND NO WATER." Ex. 19:13 says, "now she is planted in the wilderness (midbar), IN A DRY AND THIRSTY GROUND."

Mt. Sinai was in Arabia Petrea, not in the land of Midian, which was in what is Saudi Arabia today. Look at the map. The Israelites left Egypt about where The Way to the Land of the Philistines starts. They headed straight for The Wilderness of Shur, which is in the wide desert strip that borders the Mediterranean Sea. The road called The Way to Shur goes from Egypt to the Wilderness of Shur and on into the Negeb/Negev. A map in my Bible has a line called The Way to Shur. The children of Israel never left the desert on the way to Mt. Sinai. It stands to reason that Mt. Sinai was in the Sinai Peninsula. It was along the Way to Shur (a little lower than the word "Shur" on this map). It was near the Brook of Egypt that empties into the Mediterranean Sea.

There also was the Desert of Zin and The Desert of Paran, both in the Sinai Peninsula. Nu. 20:1 says, "Then came the children of Israel, even the whole congregation, into the DESERT (midbar) OF ZIN in the first month: and the people abode in KADESH; and Miriam died there, and was buried there."

Nu. 27:14 says, "For ye rebelled against my commandment in the DESERT (midbar) OF ZIN, in the strife of the congregation, to sanctify me at the water before their eyes: that is the water of Meribah in KADESH in the WILDERNESS (midbar, desert) OF ZIN."

Gen 20:1 says, "Abraham journeyed from thence toward the south country, and dwelled between Kadesh and SHUR, and sojourned in Gerar. Gerar is in Judea SE of Gaza, in the coastal desert.

Nu. 13:26 says, "they went and came to Moses, and to Aaron, and to all the congregation of the children of Israel, unto THE WILDERNESS (midbar, desert) OF PARAN, TO KADESH; and brought back word unto them, and unto all the congregation, and shewed them the fruit of THE LAND." Kadesh was about 25 miles away from Mt. Sinai on the border of "THE LAND", i.e., Israel.

I Sam. 27:8 says, "David and his men went up, and invaded the Geshurites, and the Gezrites, and the Amalekites: for those nations were of old the inhabitants of THE LAND, as thou goest to SHUR, even unto the land of Egypt." There is no way that the Wilderness of Shur and the Way to Shur could have been in Saudi Arabia.

Jg. 11:16 says, "when Israel came up from Egypt, and walked through the wilderness (midbar, desert) unto the Red sea, and came to Kadesh".
Mt. Sinai is probably Jebel Helal in the coastal desert near the Mediterranean Sea. The Israelites did not take the coastal route called the "Way to the land of the Philistines." They took the "Way to Shur," which was a little farther inland, but still in the desert area flanking the coast.

Exodus 18:27 says, "Moses let his father in law depart; and he went his way into his own land." Therefore, the Midian where his father-in-law dwelt was not on the Sinai Peninsula. It was in what is now Saudi Arabia.

Agape,

Marilyn Agee
mjagee1@earthlink.net
http://prophecycorner.com/agee/index.html

Dear Marilyn Agee,
(ProphecyCorner.com)

Grace (not law) unto you, and peace (not division),
from God our Father and the Lord Jesus-->Christ.

Thank You for the information provided on Mt Sinai (Horeb).
I love scrutiny. I will review all the evidence on it over again.
Mean while, I've posted your scrutiny on the Mt Sinai page.
I have also posted it on Yahoo Answers & GodShew Forum.
If required, I will make changes to Mt Sinai page accordingly.

My POINT, concerning Mt Sinai (Horeb), is it allegorically represents the law, given by Moses: John 1:17. When we dare compare (rather than mix) contrary things: law vs grace ("COMPARING spiritual things with spiritual": 1Cor 2:13), we then find law and grace are bible compared as lie vs truth:

The law (and surely die lie) was given by Moses,
but grace and truth(about law) came by Jesus Christ. Jn 1

If the first (old) were faultless,
no need for the second (new). Hebrews 8 & 9

To establish grace (and truth),
we make law (and lie) dead testator. Hebrews 9
(for the mix-tu-are of "contrary" things = oxyMORON)

He taketh away the first(law),
that he might establish the second(grace). Hebrews 10:9

Law: press DELETE to take away the "put off": old(1st)
Grace: press SAVE to establish the "put on": new(2nd)

Not to mention the entire Bible is self-defined as "allegory" and as "mystery" over 20 times, written "aforetime" for our "learning": Romans 15:4. For it is preposterous order to teach or preach 1st and learn after. So let's learn 1st, and share with others (who teach or preach 1st) what we've learned; so that we all are one may know instead of believe; For know-ing the truth makes us free of believe-ing the lies.

So then taking bible literal or historical is somewhat ignorant, ignoring the obvious, while fighting over knats. Said fighting, for peace, is like unto fornicating, for chastity. Wars do not produce peace, nor does fornicating produce chastity.

Marilyn, I would hope that you would also love scrutiny, concerning 'prophecy' and 'prophets' and 'signs' and 'sins':
- whether prophecies, they shall fail: 1Cor 13:8
- prophecy vs prophesy is as gloom vs groom; so rather
- prophesy unto men: edify-->exhort-->unto comfort(only)
- there is no dis-comfort at all in "the God of all comfort"
- to WIT, that God was in Christ reconciling the world
- prophets are called servants; but we are not servants
- prophets were under the law; but we are under grace
- a child and a servant differ nothing; both are know nots
- forgive "them", for they "know not" what they do or say
- there is no them vs them (twain) at all in "us-ward"-->one
- there is no great nor greater in the "greatest" never faileth
- there is no OT Law nor NT Law in "the God of all grace"
- an evil & adulterous generation seeketh a sign: Mt 12 & 16
(pst: adult-erous speaks of the adults, not of the children)
- it's "evident" no man is justified by law in the sight of God
- law imputed sin brings death(not life) upon all (Rom 5); since law is both source and strength of sin's death sting, and thereby the law is the ministration of condemnation and death: Rom 5:13; 1Cor 15:56; 2Cor 3:7; Col 2: 22; Jam 1:15
- law imputing any sin is suicide-all, childish, devilish wisdom
Result of law imputed sin: cursed EVERY ONE: Galatians 3.

Now, please answer the question posed unto you:
do you wish to receive our weekly epistle, or not?

Which is to allegory say: saved(only) by grace(only),
or do you prefer "saved and destroyed after" (Jude 5)?

The grace(only) of our Lord Jesus Christ with you all. Amen.

Daniel Miles
Founder of www.GodShew.Org
www leader of 'probating' the will of God our Saviour