Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum

Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Avoid these

Dan,
Just to mention, two rocks to be avoided or shipwreck follows.
First rock you understand well enough, legalism.
Second rock, licentiousness. The law made nothing perfect. Without holiness we will not see the Lord.
It's pretty clear. The law kills because I'm sold to sin. The Spirit gives life which I don't have in myself. The issue is life and death. They issue from the heart and proceed to expression on the tongue which so very often dictate our actions. I'm sure you understand.
Wendell

Re: Avoid these

Wendell,

Grace unto you, and peace,
from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Indeed, two rocks(laws, beasts) are both deadly if told "the second is like unto the first" in Matthew 22:36-40 law law. Yet many think "another law", the second "law" of Romans 8:2 law law isn't deadly, but peace and safety. Obviously Not: 1Thessalonians 5:3. For life thereof Rom 8:2 is life of life + death, also a dead end; And CJ thereof is reverse of JC. Peace with God and eternal salvation are notably "through" J->C: the end of the law: Rom 10:4; JC being the only foundation we should build on, starting with "Jesus": "made under the law", and ending with "Christ": "the end of the law"; "Christ" being twice risen to "higher" than law law "God on high", into "heaven": "higher than the heavens". It's all "allegory" and "mystery", allegoric mystery with lots of twists.

Indeed the issue is life or death: grace or law, saved or destroyed; and what's in the heart eventually gets expressed by the mouth. So Paul says it is a good thing to establish the heart in grace only, salvation only, which is mouthed as "my grace is sufficient for thee", which means no law required.

So when the "shew"(allegoric plural of show) is ended properly, as written in Revelation 22:21, then it's "none perish" by no law = no sin = no death.

The GRACE of our Lord Jesus Christ with you all. Amen.

Daniel