Horse of the Americas Message Board

Welcome to the HOA Message forum. Feel free to post a message.
Please post photos in the Photo Center. Click on Return to Website; then click on Photo Center.

Horse of the Americas Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Doroteo (Joty) Baca

My father Doroteo (Joty) Baca passed away peacefully yesterday evening. He was surrounded by all his children and several grandchildren, and even a couple of great-grandchildren. Children and Horses that was what made him happy. Of course not to mention My Mom, who he loved with all his being. He is now with his great herd the many horses that he has loved over the years. I know it brought a huge smile to his face and his loving eyes were bright again. His life was about helping children and saving horses. He is as rare as his Colonial Spanish horse. I can't tell you how deep this pain feels in my heart, but I am overwhelmed by the prayers and the love that has been sent our way. Thank you to all of you who believed in him, who cared about him and who fought with him, the good fight.

His Lifetime Achievement Award was icing on the cake of his life. Thank you HOA family, thank you so very much.

Annette - Baca Chica Farms.

Re: Doroteo (Joty) Baca

Annette and all the Baca family. I was saddened to hear of the death of your father, but I know there is a bright new star in the heavens and we can all be thankful that he walked this earth for a time.
God bless all of you.

Annette, please give everyone my deepest sympathies in the loss of your father! He was a special man and an extrodinary father from all I have heard. I was so honored to meet you all at the HOA meeting in Iowa and in Indiana, and you all made me feel like family.
Your Dad is now pain free, happy and with all those he loved (human and horse) that passed before him. He has given many folks so much joy and love and all those memories will stay will you forever. Sending you all hugs.

Thank you so much for your thoughts. It gives us a really good feeling knowing he is walking among his many horses that have gone before him. He truly loved each and every one of them and recognized them on an individual basis because they all like people had their own personality. They loved him just as dearly. Now they will keep him until we arrive after our chores here on earth are done.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I also know that there comes a time when it is time. Your Dad will not be soon forgotten here.