Return to Website

Grannyfaith Message Board

Prayer, Art, Devotions, Bible Studies, Friends
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Today's Verse - 1 Peter 3:15, New International Version

Today's Verse - 1 Peter 3:15, New International Version

But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Thoughts on Today's Verse

Having Jesus as our Lord does not mean that we bulldoze over others with this important eternal reality. Gentleness and respect are the character traits of those who have Jesus as their Lord. After all, Jesus loved others enough to die for them. Jesus even asked for those who crucified him and those who mocked him as he died to be forgiven. Having such a Lord means we have prepared a response when we are given an opportunity to share the basis of our hope in him. Those around us may not appear interested, but many are seeking for something they have not yet identified. Let's be ready when their time is right to meet Jesus!

My Prayer

Holy and gracious God, please give me wisdom to see the opportunities to share the love of Jesus with those around me. I ask you to especially help me be able to share Jesus with several of my friends that I now mention by name ... Father, please give me the gentleness to do this redemptively, showing them the same respect Jesus did to those to whom he ministered. In the name of the Savior, your Son Jesus, I pray. Amen.

Today's devotional:
http://www.heartlight.org/cgi-shl/todaysverse.cgi?day=20110309

NOTICE: This Bible Study or Devotional is solely penned and/or owned by the person(s) or ministry who's website(s) is included.

Print This Devotional -- Send it to a Friend Phil Ware, President of Heartlight Inc. Minister of the Word phil@heartlight.org HEARTLIGHT® Magazine is produced by Heartlight, Inc. HEARTLIGHT is a registered service mark of Heartlight, Inc. PO Box 7044, Abilene, TX, USA 79608-7044. Copyright © 1996-2009 Heartlight.org online Christian resources. Today's Verse by Phil Ware http://www.heartlight.org/cgi/todaysverse.cgi