Grannyfaith Message Board

Prayer, Art, Devotions, Bible Studies, Friends
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SPIRITFIRE! - Spirit-written Letter

SPIRITFIRE! - Spirit-written Letter

VERSE:
Clearly, you are a letter from Christ showing the result of our ministry among you. This "letter" is written not with pen and ink, but with the Spirit of the living God. It is carved not on tablets of stone, but on human hearts.
- 2 Corinthians 3:3 msg

THOUGHT:

Imagine how differently we would live in God's family if we viewed our community of believers a letter written by the Holy Spirit, to bless the community in which we live and the gracious God who redeemed us. What's more, we are partners with the Holy Spirit in this divine message. Whether we are conscious of it or not, we are a letter from Christ. How we live in community, with our brothers and sisters in Christ, directly reflects the sense of partnership we have with the Spirit of God. So let's ask ourselves just how well are we reflecting the nature of God's Spirit among us?

PRAYER:

Father, forgive us -- forgive me. Forgive us for the times we have made the Holy Spirit's writing of grace in our lives illegible because of our selfishness, party-spirit, and strife. Forgive us for losing sight of our holy calling to be a message written by you. I am sorry for the times we have hidden the message you wanted to send through us and I commit to let the Spirit have more influence over my thoughts, words, and actions. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Today's devotional: http://www.heartlight.org/spiritfire/html/0302-spiritfire.html

NOTICE: This Bible Study or Devotional is solely penned and/or owned by the person(s) or ministry who's website(s) is included.

Print This Devotional -- Send it to a Friend. Heartlight.org online Christian resources. SpiritFire! from HEARTLIGHT written by Phil Ware. Phil Ware, President of Heartlight Inc. Minister of the Word phil@heartlight.org HEARTLIGHT® Magazine is produced by Heartlight, Inc. HEARTLIGHT is a registered service mark of Heartlight, Inc. PO Box 7044, Abilene, TX, USA 79608-7044. Copyright © 1996-2009