Author
Comment
Today's Verse -- Colossians 1:15

Today's Verse -- Colossians 1:15
New International Version
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all
creation.

Thoughts on Today's Verse

If we had been alive when Jesus worked in the carpentry shop in Nazareth or walked along the Sea of Galilee near Capernaum, we could have said, "There goes God," and been right. The amazing reality of Jesus is that he was God among us. Matthew calls him Immanuel, "God with us." In Colossians 1, Paul pours out every superlative he can use to describe Jesus' preeminence over everything and everyone. He is God with a human face. He is the ruler, the transcendent one, who reigns above all creation. He is also our Savior and our sacrifice.

My Prayer

Almighty God, why you should love us so much, I can't comprehend. We have rejected you, spurned you, ignored you, blasphemed you, and sought to place you on the periphery of our lives. Yet time and again, you are there to hear our cries and save us from ourselves. Forgive me, Father, for not reverencing you more. Forgive me for not recognizing the greatness of Jesus and the utter humility it took for him to sacrifice himself for me. But Father, thank you! Thank you for being patient, sacrificial, and long-suffering. Thank you, in Jesus' name. Amen.

Today's devotional: http://www.heartlight.org/cgi-shl/todaysverse.cgi?day=20110303
NOTICE: This Bible Study or Devotional is solely penned and/or owned by the person(s) or ministry who's website(s) is included.

Print This Devotional -- Send it to a Friend Phil Ware, President of Heartlight Inc. Minister of the Word phil@heartlight.org HEARTLIGHT® Magazine is produced by Heartlight, Inc. HEARTLIGHT is a registered service mark of Heartlight, Inc. PO Box 7044, Abilene, TX, USA 79608-7044. Copyright © 1996-2009 Heartlight.org online Christian resources. Today's Verse by Phil Ware http://www.heartlight.org/cgi/todaysverse.cgi