Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BIBLE STUDY - Trust At All Times

BIBLE STUDY - Trust At All Times
Date: Feb 11, 2011
Topic(s): Faith/Trust
Scripture: Hebrews 11:6, Isaiah 44:8, Isaiah 26:4, Habakkuk 3:17-18, Psalm 62:8

In Leicester, England, there is an inscription on the outside wall of an old church, "In the year 1653 when all things sacred were throughout this nation either demolished or profaned, Sir Robert Shirley Baronet founded this church. Whose singular praise it is to have done the best things in the worst times and hoped them in the most calamitous."
It may be easier to trust in trouble-free times, but it is also possible to trust in difficult times. The Bible teaches that we can trust 24/7, regardless of the situation or the times or the obstacles.

What Does God Say?

"Trust in the him [the Lord] at all times" (Psalm 62:8, NLT).
Here's the full verse:
"O my people, trust in him at all times.
pour out your heart to him,
for God is our refuge" (Psalm 62:8, NLT).
Who is God speaking to?
Is this a word of encouragement?
What exactly does all mean here?
Why are the people of God able to trust at all times and in all situations? Here are two truths that help us understand living by faith.
What is the first truth according to the following verse?
"Do not tremble; do not be afraid.
Did I not proclaim my purposes for you long ago?
You are my witnesses--is there any other God?
No! There is no other Rock--not one!" (Isaiah 44:8, NLT).
Now, what is the second truth found in the verse below?
"Trust in the LORD forever,
for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock" (Isaiah 26:4, ESV).

My Thoughts

We know that the Lord our God is the only God--there is no other and the Lord who is our God is the strong and solid Rock on which we stand and in which we find safety.
Do you believe that? Do you believe it with all your heart? Do you believe that it is true for you? For the Christian, there can be no separation between faith and trust.
"And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him" (Hebrews 11:6, ESV).

My Part

Take time now in prayer for a moment of thanksgiving and trusting. Praise God for who He is and who He wants to be in your life. Then ask for His help, providing the courage and the faith to trust Him at all times and in all situations.

NOTICE: I got permission from "Back To The Bible" to "copy & paste" their devotionals and Bible studies to the Christian groups I belong to. This Bible Study or Devotional is solely penned and/or owned by the person(s) or ministry who's website(s) is included.

Bible Minute with Woodrow Kroll ... Back to the Bible, Bible Studies
http://www.bibleminute.org/biblestudy.htm Copyright © 1996-2009 The Good News Broadcasting Association, Inc. (Back to the Bible) Lincoln, Nebraska, USA Used by permission. All rights reserved http://www.backtothebible.org/
The Copyright Policy website: http://www.backtothebible.org/index.php/Web-Site-Copyright-Policy.html