Prayer, Art, Devotions, Bible Studies, Friends
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BIBLE STUDY - Living in Confidence

BIBLE STUDY - Living in Confidence
Date: Feb 8, 2011
Topic(s): Faith/Trust
Scripture: Hebrews 10:35, 1 John 2:28, Hebrews 4:16, Proverbs 14:26, Psalm 62:7, Psalm 20:7, Proverbs 3:26, 1 John 5:14, 1 John 4:17

Getting swindled is one of the most humiliating experiences you can go through. A person sets you up by gaining your confidence and then misleads you in order to get your money or some other possession. It's called a "con game"--short for "confidence game." And it's as old as the Garden of Eden. Satan conned Adam and Eve. He was a beautiful and charming person, and they put their confidence in him. They lost not only their innocence, but their God-given dominion over the earth. Since that time, Satan has been the "prince of this world" and confidence games are played daily causing loss to thousands of unwary people.
Living in a world like this, you may wonder at times, "Is there anybody I can trust?"
God wants you to know where your confidence must be placed if your life is to be eternally blessed. Want a hint? Despite the advice of this world, it is not in "self-confidence," nor by trusting some other human being!

What Does God Say?

* God is the only solid Rock in whom you can place all your confidence:
"On God rests my salvation and my glory;
my mighty rock, my refuge is God" (Psalm 62:7 ESV).
* You can have complete confidence in God because of His name and nature:
"Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
but we trust in the name of the LORD our God" (Psalm 20:7, ESV).
* Because of who God is, you should trust Him without wavering:
"Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward" (Hebrews 10:35, ESV).

My Thoughts

Your trust and confidence in Christ affects every part of your Christian life. Some areas where confidence is a necessity are listed below. Look up the related verses and read them in your Bible.
* Your ability to walk the Christian walk (Proverbs 3:26).
* Your need for God's care for yourself and your family (Proverbs 14:26).
* Your desire to be sure God hears your prayers and will provide (1 John 5:14).
* Your right to approach God when in need (Hebrews 4:16).
* Your hope for assurance of God's love in the judgment (1 John 4:17).
* Your longing to be unashamed at Christ's coming (1 John 2:28).
Neither you yourself (by working up '"self-confidence"), nor any other human being, can give you what you need for the Christian life and for facing the future. This comes only from God.
Write down some areas where you feel your trust in the Lord is weak. Meditate on Psalm 62:7 and think about how you can strengthen your confidence in God in those areas.

My Part

Memorize Hebrews 4:16 from the version of the Bible that you use. Repeat it out loud (or write it on a piece of paper) every time you feel your walk with Christ getting jittery.

NOTICE: This Bible Study or Devotional is solely penned and/or owned by the person(s) or ministry who's website(s) is included.

Bible Minute with Woodrow Kroll ... Back to the Bible, Bible Studies
http://www.bibleminute.org/biblestudy.htm