Prayer, Art, Devotions, Bible Studies, Friends
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BIBLE STUDY - The Promise Keeper

BIBLE STUDY - The Promise Keeper
Date: Jan 27, 2011

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 1:18-22, Matthew, Romans 8:32

Someone has estimated that there are 7,487 promises in the Bible. Of course some of them are made to specific individuals or groups of people. But many of them can be claimed by you and me.

The question is, however, can we trust God to fulfill them? Owen Felltham, a 17th century English writer, put it well when he said, "Promises may get friends, but it is performance that keeps them." So, what is God's performance record when it comes to fulfilling His promises? Let see what the Bible says.

What Does God Say?

"But as God is faithful, our word to you was not Yes and No. For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us--by me, Silvanus, and Timothy--was not Yes and No, but in Him was Yes. For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee" (2 Corinthians 1:18-22, NKJV).

* What does Paul mean when he says his words were not "Yes and No"?
* Where are God's promises found to be a "Yes"?
* What is the guarantee that God's promises will be fulfilled?

My Thoughts

All of God's promises from Genesis to Revelation are focused on one person--Jesus Christ. In Him the promises of our salvation, the redemption of Israel, our future in heaven and everything else find their fulfillment. When doubts about God's faithfulness to His Word crop up, open your Bible to the Gospels, and read again about the fulfillment of God's promises. As Paul reminds us in Romans 8:32, "He who did not spare His own Son , but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?" (NKJV).

My Part

Read the Gospel of Matthew. As you read, keep a notebook handy to record the promises that you find fulfilled through the life and death of Jesus.

NOTICE: This Bible Study or Devotional is solely penned and/or owned by the person(s) or ministry who's website(s) is included. May the Holy Spirit give you understanding as you read this Devotional/Study!

Bible Minute with Woodrow Kroll ... Back to the Bible, Bible Studies
http://www.bibleminute.org/biblestudy.htm