Prayer, Art, Devotions, Bible Studies, Friends
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BIBLE STUDY - Flourishing Faith

BIBLE STUDY - Flourishing Faith
Date: Jan 26, 2011
Topic(s): Faith/Trust
Scripture: Matthew 8:10, Romans 10:17, Matthew 14:31, Matthew 8:26, Matthew 8:5-10, Mark 6:6, Matthew 6:30, Matthew 19:26

When we experience the goodness and the greatness of God, we get all excited--perhaps we even want to express it with music like the composers of these well-known songs.
"Praise God, From Whom All Blessings Flow"
"O For a Thousand Tongues"
But is there anything about us that excites the Lord?

What Does God Say?

When Jesus heard this, he was amazed. Turning to those who were following him, he said, "'I tell you the truth, I haven't seen faith like this in all Israel!'" (Matthew 8:10, NLT ).
Read Matthew 8:5-10 and answer these questions:
What was happening in these verses?
What makes the fact that the centurion was a Roman significant?
What reason did the soldier give for his faith?
What words did Jesus use that showed He was excited?
When our faith is flourishing, the Lord is pleased. And not surprisingly the opposite is true.
"And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?" (Matthew 8:26, KJV).
"Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?" (Matthew 6:30, KJV).
"Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?" (Matthew 14:31, KJV).
What phrase does Jesus use again and again in these verses?
Why do you think in every scripture listed above Jesus asked a question?
From what Jesus says in these verses in Matthew, how do you think He is feeling?

My Thoughts

Read the following verse and answer this question: Why do you think Jesus wants your faith to flourish?
"The Lord answered, 'If you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, "May you be uprooted and thrown into the sea," and it would obey you!'" (Luke 17:6, NLT).
After reading the questions and verses above, you might be wondering, How can I help my faith grow? Dr. Kroll, Bible Teacher and author provides some help.
Our faith flourishes when it's placed in the power of God. "'With God [Me],'" Jesus says, "all things are possible" (Matthew 19:26, NKJV). So, if you have faith in the power of God, God will do things that you don't even believe possible in your own life."
The power of God is one of three places to put our faith so that it will flourish and increase. Here are the other two: the Word of God and the promises of God.

My Part

Where do you begin? Paul tells us:
"So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17, NKJV).
The Word will reveal the promises of God that lay the foundation for your faith. In the Word, you will discover the greatness of God's power and that will strengthen and encourage your faith. Your faith can not only grow, it can flourish when placed in God's Word, God's promises and God's power.

NOTICE: This Bible Study or Devotional is solely penned and/or owned by the person(s) or ministry who's website(s) is included. May the Holy Spirit give you understanding as you read this Devotional/Study!

Bible Minute with Woodrow Kroll ... Back to the Bible, Bible Studies
http://www.bibleminute.org/biblestudy.htm