Grannyfaith Message Board

Prayer, Art, Devotions, Bible Studies, Friends
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
You Will be My Witnesses

You Will be My Witnesses

Acts 1:8

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Thoughts for Today:

When Jesus said, "You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth," we tend to think this means we need to go out and speak to everyone about Jesus. Although I firmly believe we need to get out and preach the good news, I think it is an interesting choice of words: "You will be my witnesses" -- in other words, your life, as much as your words, is witness to the world about Jesus.

This is a heady concept: That what I do -- how I live -- matters as much, or more than my words. It is one of the reasons so many people are turned off to Christianity. They don't want to be like us. They don't see any benefit in being a Christian. They don't see any difference between Christians and everyone else.

Questions to Ponder:

What about you? How do people see you? What kind of a witness are you? What kind of a witness do you want to be? What is inconsistent in the witness of your life? Where is there inconsistency between your life and your message?

This is the sole product of POCKET DEVOTIONS. TIME WITH GOD'S WORD.
Copyright©2010 by the Pocket Testament League. All rights reserved
The Pocket Testament League is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to helping Christians Read, Carry and Share the Word of God through Gospels and other resources. Membership is free.
PO Box 800,
Lititz, PA 17543
www.pocketpower.org