Prayer, Art, Devotions, Bible Studies, Friends
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BIBLE STUDY - Great Is God's Faithfulness

BIBLE STUDY - Great Is God's Faithfulness
Date: Nov 1, 2010
Topic(s): God
Scripture: Malachi 3:6, Lamentations 3:22-23, Revelation 2:10, Psalm 33:4, Psalm 71:22, Psalm 31:23, 2 Thessalonians 3:3, Matthew 23:23, 2 Timothy 2:2

▪ "Maybe I will bless you."
▪ "I might guide you."
▪ "Once in a while I may help you."
▪ "I'll try not to forget you."
▪ "Call on Me, and I'll think about answering you."
▪ "Perhaps I will save you."
▪ "If I feel like it, I will forgive you."
How would you like to have a Bible with promises like those? It's doubtful you would spend much time reading it, isn't it? It surely wouldn't make the bestseller list. An unfaithful, ever-changing God is unimaginable. Yet sometimes we treat Him as though He can't be trusted.

WHAT DOES GOD SAY?

The truth is that the Lord is never, ever, anything but faithful to Himself, His Word and His people. He cannot change. The prophet Malachi says of God,
"For I am the LORD, I do not change;
therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob" (Malachi 3:6).
Consider the following Scripture passages in your Bible and record what they say about God's faithfulness and how it affects your life.
▪ According to Psalm 31:23, what does God do for the faithful?
▪ Psalm 71:22. What kind of open response should you have to God's faithfulness?
▪ What does Galatians 5:22-23 say faithfulness is a part of?
▪ 2 Thessalonians 3:3. What special protection does your faithful God promise you?
▪ Psalm 33:4. You can trust God's Word. What else does the Psalmist say you can trust?

MY THOUGHTS

Since God Himself is faithful in all things, He also requires and rewards faithfulness in His followers. God's faithfulness assures your salvation, your forgiveness of sins and your deliverance from temptation. But it is your faithfulness that openly demonstrates your love for your Savior.
▪ Matthew 23:23. What three responsibilities were the scribes and Pharisees neglecting in their lives that caused Jesus to rebuke them sharply?
▪ Revelation 2:10. Which eternal crown of reward does God give for faithfulness?
▪ 2 Timothy 2:2. What kind of people did Paul instruct Timothy to look for in order to keep on spreading the truth of the Gospel?
Dr. Richard Halverson, former U.S. Senate chaplain, once said, "The emphasis must be on God, not on faith. The strength of faith is the faithfulness of God."
--Rod Sargent, NavLog, June/July 1984, page 7

MY PART

Perhaps you have sung the hymn, "Great is Thy Faithfulness," which is based on Lamentations 3:22-23. When you have access to a hymnal, look up the hymn and read through all its verses. Then, memorize the Bible passage and remember to thank God regularly for His great faithfulness.
'The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3;22-23, ESV).

NOTICE: This Bible Study or Devotional is solely penned and/or owned by the person(s) or ministry who's website(s) are included with each. I merely copy and paste them for the sole purpose of spreading God's Word to the world. May the Holy Spirit give you understanding as you read this Devotional/Study. GBU, JEL!

Bible Minute with Woodrow Kroll ... Back to the Bible, Bible Studies
http://www.bibleminute.org/biblestudy.htm