Grannyfaith Message Board

Grannyfaith Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ARE YOU RUNNING OUT OF THINGS?????

ARE YOU RUNNING OUT OF THINGS?
By Lillian Wolff

When I was a child we had a neighbor who lived right next door to us. I don’t recall times being very poor, but Mrs. Jones was always running out of things. I can recall that often she sent one or the other of her children up to our house to borrow a cup of sugar or a cup of flour, or something else. My mother was always very generous and gave her what she needed. Poor Mrs. Jones; she was always running out of something.

In keeping with that I thought of the times that we actually run out of something important in life. We are in short supply. We need something and don’t have it. It is difficult to proceed with our life, without it.

Have you ever run out of money?

Have you ever run out of a job?

Have you ever run out of food?

Have you ever run out of gasoline?

Have you ever run out of health?

Have you ever run out of energy?

Have you ever run out of time?

I am sure that you must have run out of some of these things once or twice in this life. I sure don’t like running out of gasoline and often remind my grandchildren how important it is to keep gas in the tank. Years ago a young woman ran out of gas on the freeway here in our city. Someone, no doubt, picked her up, pretending to help her. It ended as a very sad story, all because she ran out of gasoline.

However there is something that is not limited or in short supply. That is the mercy and faithfulness of the Lord. This scripture below is one of my favorites. It reminds me that while earthly things sometimes run out, He never does.

Lamentations 3:22, 23 – “It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness.”

Do we ever stop and thank God for His faithfulness? His mercies are with us when we drive about town. His faithfulness has met our needs and especially our spiritual needs. We never have to run out of His goodness; it is always there. He is good even when haven’t been. He is faithful even when we have failed. He is merciful even when we don’t deserve mercy. That is how great His love is toward us.

Maybe you are thinking just now that you don’t deserve His love, since you have failed in your walk with the Lord. Banish that from your mind. He loves you in spite of how you have lived. He has never given up loving you. If you don’t know Him personally, why not open up your heart and invite Him to come in and dwell with you? Now is the accepted time to receive His salvation.

God is so big He can cover the whole world with his Love and so small He can curl up inside your heart.

2010 - All rights reserved by the ministry of Faith In Action and Lillian B. Wolff, of Kansas City , Mo. Commerical use prohibited without permission. Non-commercial use of this article is permitted for church bulletins, magazines, and forwarding to friends, etc.