Comment
Speacial Angels

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL

BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART

Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

July 19, 2010

“SPECIAL ANGELS!”

Hebrews 13:1-2
“Keep on loving each other as brothers. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."

One of those inspirational testimonies that I have heard about concerned a Scot Evangelist and Missionary named James Alexander Stewart. I read many of his writings and felt like I came to know him.

One of the most thrilling accounts of the way the Lord cared for him was an event at the outbreak of WWII. James was in Berlin for services when word was given that in all likelihood British citizens would soon be arrested.

There was only one train scheduled to leave Berlin before the edict was given and tickets were not to be had. It appeared that James would be trapped under Hitler’s terrible regime.

The Lord prompted James to pack his luggage and go to the station prepared to get on the train. He went and stood on the platform with others who had tickets. Down the concourse walked a tall, distinguished looking man whom he had never seen before. He stood in front of James and said; “James Alexander Stewart---your ticket.” James never saw the man again and could only presume that it was one of God’s special messengers.

Today’s Scripture clearly teaches that angels can and do appear. At times they come to bring deliverance, at other times they confirm God’s plan and purpose for our life. The important thing is to treat everyone with honor and respect. You never know when the person next to you (or in the car ahead of you) may be an angel. That could improve your driving, right!

Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!

- - - Pastor Cecil (360) 570-0074