Return to Website

Grannyfaith Message Board

Grannyfaith Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Carrying Each Others Burdens ** How is your day Going?

Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
-- Galatians 6:2

I don't often have the chance to physically help other people, but when I do, I love it. Nowhere do I feel more useful than at the airport.

I have to pack what seems like half a hospital when I go anywhere. Even after my friends and I check in all this stuff at curbside, we still have a pile of carry-on luggage which includes lots of the usual paraphernalia plus a duffel bag with emergency medical equipment. The challenge is to carry everything from curbside to the plane. This is when I get to "carry another's burden." On the foot pedals under my legs goes the duffel bag. The briefcase goes on my lap, purses are slung over the handles of my wheelchair, coats or sweaters land on my lap. Airline tickets are squeezed between my leg and the side of my chair. I look like a bag lady. But I don't mind. It gives me a chance to carry someone else's burden.

That's what Galatians 6:2 tells us to do. It's good advice whether we bear actual physical burdens or emotional and spiritual ones. Galatians 6 says we should do this on a regular basis and not be so puffed up with pride that we fail to offer a helping hand.

And we are to do so to fulfill the law of Christ, which is a law of love. Love obliges us to be compassionate. Maybe under the old covenant God's people made a habit of laying burdens on one another, but under the new covenant, we don't lay them on, we take them off. So why don't you find somebody today who could use a hand. It will give you an opportunity to lighten the load of another and lighten your heart at the same time.

"God did not write solo parts for very many of us. He expects us to be participants in the great symphony of life." Donald Tippett (Draper's Book of Quotes page 557)

Today, God, everyone I encounter will be bearing some burden. Help me to discern what those are and which ones I can help to carry.

Blessings,

Joni and Friends
www.joniandfriends.org

Re: Carrying Each Others Burdens ** How is your day Going?

Hi Faith...This message on Carry each others
burdens is excellent..To me to help carry
anothers burden is not a duty...but a opportunity
to bless and be helpful.I remember when my 3 children were all under 4 yrs old at one time,and boy I had a time when I had to take a bus somewhere with them all with me.Baby in a carrier on my back,the other two to each by a hand,then pay the bus fares too..I could of used a hand.That would
of help me with my "burden".

And another place to be helpful also and help
carry another burden is in a grocery store.
Especially to those who are in there alone
and using a motorize cart to get around.

There are opportunities around us daily to
help someone else with their burdens.

hugs and love,Dianna

Re: Carrying Each Others Burdens ** How is your day Going?

Amen! Also helping your handicapped neighbor where you live.The Lord can use us in so many ways.God Bless..Pam:-)