ahead that is
filled with Our Lords
Holy Spirit presence.
Big hug's, and lots of love,
Praise The Lord in all things!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aplace4chatandprayer/

Weekends Inspiration
"A Pocketful of Miracles"

Miracles happen around us every day, in your life, in mine. The Scriptures refer to miracles as "marvelous things" and "marvelous works" and as signs and wonders performed through the power of God. However, we sometimes fail to recognize a miracle when it occurs in our own back yard. Only a truly humble person will admit that the miracle came from God and was not of his own doing. Genuine gratitude is expressed when we thank God for our miracles and praise him for his goodness.

Miracles make life exciting. They are gifts that have been promised by God to his children. Why don't you claim this promise? Ask for miracles, and when they come, be grateful.

What miracles have you experienced in your life? Ask yourself that question. Your answer might surprise you. Certainly it will be revealing. The closer you stand to God, the more miracles you will find, the more happenings you will perceive as coming from his hand.

When I think of miracles, I think of Dr. John Eger Howard, of John Hopkins University Hospital, a true miracle-worker.

Dr. Howard stands tall in the medical world. His study of hypoglycemia (low blood-sugar) has earned him a permanent place in medical reference books. As important to him as his skill in medicine is his Christian faith. With humility and modesty, he gives God credit for his success.

Every day God hands Dr. Howard a new miracle. He helps him pinpoint the causes of rare diseases. He looks over his shoulder as he performs his diagnostic examinations on the hundreds of patients who come to the clinic every week. Even though Dr. Howard is advancing in years, God keeps giving him strength to work marathon hours.

I am sure that if you asked this distinguished physician about the miracles in his life, he would be surprised that you had noticed. Like Rubinstein, he lives and works from miracle to miracle.

One of those miracles saved my sister's life.

It was the Christmas season. Janet had been gravely ill for two weeks. Finally, in a coma, she was moved by ambulance-train from Florida to Baltimore. Three nurses looked after her around the clock.

After a long delay because of a blizzard, the train pulled into Baltimore station hours behind schedule. Janet was close to death. This had to be the gloomiest, dreariest, unhappiest Christmas Day I had ever known.

You can imagine our concern. Would the doctor come to the hospital on Christmas Day? Would he be able to diagnose Janet's problem and begin treatment right away? Would the ambulance be waiting for us after this long delay?

The Lord said, "Yes."

The ambulance was there. And Dr. Howard was at the hospital. He not only was taking care of his patients that day, but was prepared and standing by for my sister's arrival. In his long black overcoat, he rushed into the sleet and snow to help the ambulance attendants roll Janet into the hospital on her stretcher.

Then a miracle began to unfold.

Within a few hours, Dr. Howard was able to diagnose the illness and begin treatment. Before the night was over, we felt relief that we had her under his care. Within a few weeks, we could see my sister take a turn for the better. Although we knew her recovery would be slow, we knew, with no doubts, that it would be certain.

When Dr. Howard was asked how he discovered the cause of her illness and decided on the proper treatment , he silently pointed his finger toward the heavens. He may have been thinking of the great Ambroise Pare's answer when asked the same question: "I dressed his wounds and God healed him."

More than seventy-five years ago, Fanny Crosby wrote these words that are still sung in our churches: "To God be the Glory, great things he hath done."

Including a multitude