A Fools Way

... _ _ _________
·´º o`·, /__/ _/____ ____/
```)¨(´´´ | | | | | | | || |l±±±±| |
¸,.-·²°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°²·-. :º° ·~·~·-..,¸
‘As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord´
“Igniting soul’s through the proclamation of Jesus Christ”

A Fools Way

“The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice.” Proverbs 12:15 But God demonstrates His own love for us in this, “While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8 ‘NIV’

Romans 8:29 says that God is conforming every Believer “to the image of His Son.” Let me say this, ‘confess your sin to a friend’. Maybe you say, ‘Wait just a minute, I thought we only had to confess our sins to God.’ That’s true, we confess our sins to God for forgiveness through the Mediator, Jesus Christ, according to, 1 Timothy 2:5. But we go to our brothers and sisters in Christ for support in the process of change. James 5:16 says, “Confess your sins to one another.” This I believe is where some churches have it wrong. Listen, it’s not about a whole bunch of people confessing their sins to one superior person, but rather all Christians on equal footing acknowledging their weaknesses to one another. To confess is to do two things with our sin, (to recognize sin for what it is in God's eyes), and (to get rid of our secrets), to be honest with another Christian. James' language is powerful, he mentions that this confession doesn't just bring forgiveness, it also brings healing. Each of us needs to experience the power of confessing our sins to a trusted friend. If you have never done it before, you might find it very hard to even say to one person, “I’m failing the Lord in this area.” It’s difficult to say, “I’m not the man or woman that God wants me to be,” or, “I’m not the person that God is asking me to be in this area.”

The Scriptures include a phenomenal promise to every child of God who wants to change, “This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.” 1 John 5:14-15. So many hearts, hopes, and homes are broken by sin. This brokenness infects our culture and invades our lives. God has provided both a deterrent to sin and a means of forgiveness for its guilt, honest and genuine confession of our sin. At the heart of confession is a passion to see sin for what it is in the eyes of God and to be anguished for our participation in it. It is no wonder confession is so healing, 1 John 1:5-2:2. No wonder God wants us to confess our sin to each other and then come to Him for each other's healing from sin and its damage. No wonder God grants such power to the prayer of a righteous person interceding for one led to confess. Let's confess our sin and leave it behind.

Knowing that God will do whatever we ask if it is His will, and knowing that transformation is God’s will for us, 1 Thessalonians 4:3, we can be fully confident that God will change us if we ask. You remember this word, Sanctified, perhaps it was impressed upon you in intimidation. Sanctified, it sure does sound a bit churchy, doesn't it? It means to be special, reserved for God's use and glory, and not common. We are to be an uncommon people. The call to holiness is easy to ignore in a world that lives by many different standards. You see, satan gets us to compare our lifestyle with those around us, deluding us into devaluing our sins in comparison to others. But the issue is not comparison shopping our sin, the issue is a thankful heart that has been cleansed by the Holy Spirit and saved by grace. Ignoring, or toning down, the Spirit's call for holiness is rejecting God.

You may ask, ‘How could this happen in our country? What should we do to bring about justice?” As I struggled with personal feelings of anger and my own desire for justice, my thoughts turned to several verses of Scripture, Romans 12:19, “Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, ‘Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,’ says the Lord.” While misery may love company, grief tends to make us withdraw and hide. Let's remember those who have lost loved ones, especially these times. Let them know how you valued their loved one and miss him or her, too. Please keep these folks in your prayers and in your social plans, as well. In addition, make this a year of true joy, affirm others by rejoicing in their blessings. God’s Word is diametrically opposed to our natural longings. We are not to seek vengeance ourselves, because God has prom