Return to Website

Grannyfaith Message Board

Grannyfaith Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Message From Pastor May you be Blessed as you read ((Big Hugs))

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL

BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART

Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

January 21, 2010

“CHEER UP!”

Isaiah 41:10

“Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness.”

Today, January 21st is my brother’s birthday. It seems to be an appropriate time to have a Daily-E-Votional devoted to cheering up. Isn’t it amazing that when we were kids we could hardly wait to be older ― and now? Well let’s just say that very few of us seniors are saying we are 75 and a half, or whatever!

Today’s Scripture was one I memorized when I was just a boy in Camas, Washington. Over the years I have feasted on the truth of the words and used them as a source of encouragement when we were facing trials of many kinds.

It is of little value to tell someone to cheer up when they are at the low point of their life. It is another thing to share the power of God’s Word as the answer. Any time we feel fear from the attack of the enemy, we can use today’s verse. The Lord assures us that He is with us. “I [am] with thee.”

Any time we tend to feel depressed we need to remind ourselves that we serve a mighty God who is more powerful than any force in the universe. Our God wants us to know that He is our God and that He will be our strength and shield. Praise the Lord for that assurance!

Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!

- - - Pastor Cecil