Return to Website

Grannyfaith Message Board

Grannyfaith Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good Afternoon Precious Friends and Visitors**((Big Hugs2YouAll))

A beautiful Devotion From Joni Erickson Tada:
May you all be real blessed, i pray that you are having a real blessed and peaceful Day with Jesus. Please come say hi to us ok. GrannyFaith x0x0x0x0
i love you all so very much ....

My Feet Walking

We ourselves who have the first fruits of the spirit groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved.
-- Romans 8:23
One time, when Ken and I were back in Maryland, my family showed 8mm home movies. There, larger-than-life on the living room wall, I saw me at the age of 16. I had the same basic hair style and hair color, but my head was attached to a walking body - my body! I watched my hands hold the reins of my horse and pat his neck. I watched how I put one foot in front of the other. It gave me goosebumps.

Later on Ken asked me how I felt as I watched myself walk. "There was a time I would have sighed, 'Aww, that's the way it used to be. I wish I could go back to that,'" I said. "But now, forty years later and almost as many years sinking my heart and head in the Word of God, I can say, 'Oh, wow, this is the way it soon will be. I can look forward to having a body that works. And I'll do so much more than walk!'"

I am closer to this side of gaining my heavenly body than to the other side of losing my earthly body. Philippians 3:12 says, "I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." The past is the past. The future is much more interesting to think about. Watching home movies doesn't make me sad, it makes me happy to think of all I will gain back, and more!

What are you dwelling on today? The loss of something or someone in your past? Let your groanings not be for "what once was," but "what will soon be!" Colossians 3:2 says, "Set your minds on things above, not earthly things." Count the years. You just might be closer to the future than you think.

Lord, help me to set my heart and mind on things above!

Blessings,

Joni and Friends